An Otherwordly Necklace of Mystical Entities

Chapter 10

Her angelic face gleamed with watery eyes.

"Jennifer..."

"No, Sophia. Please." I stop her from telling me to stay. I didn't want to hear any of it, even though it tore my heart in half.

I brush past her and half run down the red marble staircase at the end of the left hall.

"Jennifer, wait!"

But I keep moving and running, and after four flights of steps I run out through the gold-trimmed door and under a cloudy dark sky. It was going to rain. Typical.

I tear past the little garden areas, and the smell of sweet perfume from the flowers fill my nostrils. The gate comes into view up ahead, and I slow down as I approach it. I push at it, but it doesn't budge, and pulling on the skinny bars only had the same outcome.

I then remember what Sabra had done to open the gate the night I came here (which was only a day ago). I have no clue how to do what she did. So, how the heck was I supposed to get out?

A bright light then goes off and the gate swings inward and opens. But I didn't do anything. I turn around and Sabra was standing at the end of the stone path. She turns her back on me with a reproachful look and walks away.

I walk aimlessly through the foreign city. Wait, did you call it foreign when it pertained to a whole different world? I would think so.

The same kinds of people walk past me along the old brick sidewalk. People with flesh just like me, and some without any at all. A boy with thorns all along his dark burnt skin rushes past me, and a few of the thorns rip at my pants and cut along my skin.

"Ouch!" I place my hand over the scratches, and until the stinging stops do I keep continuing. Continuing on to where though? That was the problem.

My stomach growls ravenously, and I frown with hunger.

"Oh, yeah right," I mutter, looking up in front of me and seeing a breakfast diner. Well, that's what the big yellow neon signs atop the short building classified it as. "I might as well."

I step inside and it looked like any old regular diner. It was just that I didn't expect it to have the same booth seats along the length of the walls, and four chaired tables occupying the rest of the blue carpeted floor.

I take a seat in the first red leather booth to my right. A waiter with half red hair and half purple hair stands beside me.

"So, do you know what you want?"

"Um..." No, I just sat down.

"She'll have some of what I'm having. I already placed an order." My heart races at his voice, and I almost wished I hadn't come in. But I didn't see him when I walked in.

"Oh, alright then," the waiter replies and walks away.

He sits across from me, and at the sight of his face, I shudder. All I could think of was that little imp's face who was posed as him.

"So, what are you doing here?"

"I...I left the castle," I tell him sullenly.

"You left? Why?"

"I...think you already know that." I almost said, 'Weren't you there when Saku explained it to me?' but I bite my tongue, because he wasn't. That damn imp.

"But you have no where else to go, and no money."

"I have some..."

"Look, each of us is going to make sure that the prophecy will not come to pass."

"But regardless of that, there is till going to be a war."

Brenden sighs. "Even if you never came here, there was still going to be a war."

"I'm sorry, Brenden. But your wise intelligent talk isn't going to help here." He chuckles at that, for some reason.

The waiter comes back and sets down a tray of what looked like to be potato skins that looked fried, and some sort of dark meat drizzled with a blue sauce.

"So, where are you going to go then?"

I take my eyes off of the...food? But I don't answer him.

"Exactly. You've only been here for, what? A whole day? You don't know anything about this world."

"You don't think I know that!?" I sigh. "Why can't you just be like Sabra and just let me leave without any remark?"

He sighs too. "Because Sabra is..."

Everything seemed to happen all at once.

Thunder claps loudly outside, followed by screams of people, and every glass window in the diner shatters.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment! i really would appreciate it because i really want to know hos this story is coming along! thanks!!! ^__^ let me know what you think!