An Otherwordly Necklace of Mystical Entities

Chapter 4

"Sabra?" I repeat lowly to myself.

"Yes?" she asks me, an inquiring look on her face.

I look her over once more. She had the same name as one of my best friends, but she didn’t look nothing like her. "No. That was just...one of the names of my best friends.”

"Oh. Where is she?" she questions, her thin eyebrows raised.

"I...I don't know," I say honestly, feeling my heart wrench in my chest at the thought.

"Hmmm? Well, that isn't good...now is it? Come on. I'll help you up, and then maybe we can go and look for them," she suggests, outstretching her hand for me to take.

"No! You don't understand! They’re all dead! Everyone is dead! They were all murdered!" I yell short of breath, tears falling down my face once more.

Sabra looks at me confused and baffled. "What are you talking about? Who has been murdered?" she asks, really trying to understand.

"My family! My whole city...the entire country probably by now!" I scream more loudly, smacking her arm out of my face. I get up quickly, and run out of the alleyway; not knowing exactly what my plan was.

"What?" I say aloud as I make my way out of the alley, looking down both sides of the street. Nothing looked familiar at all; it was like I was in a totally different world. It looked like an ordinary city though, with two story apartment buildings, restaurants, business, clothes shops, and even a ordinary two was street. Many of the people who were walking past me looked the same as me, some with dark-skin and some pale, their faces beautiful and happy. There were others though that looked like the man who almost molested me moments ago; their skin burned and hanging off their face, and some even had wings sprouting from the back of their heads and one had four arms instead of two!

"Hey!" Sabra calls after me. I look behind me, and see her walking towards me. I panic and run across the street; darting through the huge traffic jam of cars and trucks. The beeping of car horns and yelling of their drivers; I ignore it all and keep my focus on just to keep running. Running where? I had no clue. I was in a city in which I had never been before. My only option was to find someplace where I could gather my thoughts.

"Hey! Watch where you’re going!" a woman yells at me, after I accidentally bumped into her. Her long black hair whipped across her face as she turns away from me, glaring.

"Sorry!" I say back, still continually running, not knowing if she heard me but not really caring. I cut across a couple more people, before reaching an old abandoned factory. At least I assumed it was abandoned; the broken windows and boarded up door told me that much. I cut into another alley on the side of it and spot another door in the far back corner of the building, away from the bustling crowds of demons (well what would you call them). I look around to make sure that the coast was clear, before sneaking my way through the back door. Breathing heavily, I close the door behind me, and stand with my back against it; trying somewhat to regain my breathing pattern. I slide to the floor, with my butt hitting the ground.

“Looks like we found you, precious..."

"Please...no."

I recall the shooting pain I felt when the bullet pierced my chest. I begin to shake uncontroably and I try desperately not to vomit. "I'm...I'm supposed to be dead. I remember everything that happened. Those Germans...murdered my parents. How is it that I'm still alive? I was… shot.” A thumping noise in front of me brings me back to reality. Someone was trying to get inside; someone knew I was there.

"Oh, no," I say aloud, getting up quickly. Backing up slowly towards the back part of the building, the noise becomes louder and louder with every step I take.

"I know you’re in here. Just open up the door. Look, I don't want to hurt you...I just want to help," a familiar voice tells me.

"Sabra," I say meekly. I think about my current situation, and decide that I had no choice. I regrettably walk over to the front door, but wait, wasn’t the front door boarded? I notice the part of the door that was on my side wasn’t boarded up and I place my hand on it, and opens up far enough for her to get inside.

"Thank you," she says, closing it quietly behind her.

"Yeah, whatever," I reply irritably, but with a look of sadness and remorse on my face.

"Look, I just want to talk with you; about your land that was massacred. I want you to tell me everything that happened," she says to me seriously.

I sigh out heavily, hoping that I could trust her. "Fine. I'll tell you."

"And they found me hiding in the black marble drawer...where he shot me," I finish saying, slowly wiping away the tears in my eyes. Sabra looks at me intently, knowing that what I told her was nothing close to story telling but a grave truth.

"But what I can't understand is...how am I still alive? Maybe you could tell…"

"I don't know the answer to that. So, you’re wasting your breath trying to ask me," Sabra interrupts me coldly.

"What…?" I stammer, confused at her sudden outburst.

"I said I don't know the answer to your question. I do not know how you can still be alive. You are from the human world, Earth. Are you not?" she questions me, her eyes glaring.

"Yes, I am,” I answer hesitantly.

"This is Arcadia. Land of Royalty ruled by my mother, Queen Athene. We live amongst each other inside the Blue Jewel of Sanctity..."

"Blue Jewel of Sanctity?" I repeat.

"Hmm?"

"I...I remember. There was a blue-jeweled necklace that I had found in the attic at my house. Do you think that something might have happened to me when I was holding the it when I…died?" I ask cautiously, the very question sending shivers up my spine. I noticed then that I didn’t have the necklace on me, but I remembered distinctly that I was holding it when I…I was shot and killed.

"I do not know. But we will see how you got to be in this world," she tells me, standing up.

"And how will we do that?" I question.

"We will see my mother, Queen Athene. She knows more about the Blue Jewel more than anyone else. All you need to do is tell her everything that you told me, and she will give you an answer to your many questions. Now, let's be on our way. We don't want to waste any more time."

"Yes, of course," I follow her closely out the door.

When we get outside the sun was beginning to set, but there was something odd about the sky. The sun didn’t set off the usually colors it did across the sky when it usually set on Earth, with yellow, pink, purple, and blue colors. In the place where the sun was setting there was only a brilliant blue light around the rays; it was the color of the ocean on a clear day. The rest of the sky was a deep violet-blue; the blue was exactly the same color that of the blue necklace I found.

Then all of a sudden it dawned on me, what Sabra had said about the ‘Blue Jewel of Sanctity’. I realized why I didn’t have the necklace now. It was because I was inside it! But I couldn’t believe it…I was inside the necklace! But how? How in the world could there be an entirely different world…inside a necklace at that? Well, from what Sabra told me, the queen will have all the answers. We needed to see her and fast, before I went completely more insane.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Please comment and/or subscribe! ^^