Status: New Update this week.

Solace

prologue

Toni Elizabeth DiFranco

Born June 07, 1979 in a California Field; her brother was born in 1974. At the age of 5, she watched her mom die of a heart attack. It wasn’t until 4 years after her mother’s death that her dad remarried. Her brother, Scott Ezner DiFranco, turned against their father. He blamed his dad for the death of his mother. It wasn’t until he became uncontrollable that he was sent to military school.

Toni was very lonely when he left, considering she loved him very much. He finally came back home when he turned 17. He still held a grudge against his father for every thing that had happened. But he put it aside and began work on farmland. Every night, before Toni went to bed, Scott would tell her adventurous stories of creators and mythical places. She would sit up straight with beaming wide eyes, taking in every word he said, words she would never forget. After all, she thought he was the smartest guy in the world.

Scott turned 20 and decided that he wanted to quit the family business on the farmland and explore the city life. His father was fairly disappointed at his son’s decision. But disappointment did not describe the feeling he felt when he heard Toni’s plead to go with her older brother. After hours of arguments, He kicked the both of them out, telling them to never come back. He would then regret the words from his mouth. Toni was his youngest child and his last memory of her mother.

To Scott’s misfortune, his plan for a new and exciting life for him and sister failed. After only 3 days in the city of California, they were robbed of everything. The only things they had were the clothes on their backs, a bus pass, and tear stained faces. They were forced to live on the streets. They couldn’t go home because they were in the middle of nowhere. And how would they even go home? Their father clearly stated how they were not welcome to come back. The life of violence, drugs, and rebellion had no problem finding Toni.

The innocent little girl was gone and now drowning in depression. In spite of her love for her brother, music, and booze, she lived and breathed skateboarding. She was the best that anyone had seen since Duane Peters. She was like no other. It took a while to convince her to join a competition; she absolutely hated them and referred to them as “Another place for sell-outs.” After much coercing, she entered one and tore the place down. She came with some of the rawest, the sickest moves out of any of the guys that were there. But she was disqualified because of her lack of technique. Toni and everyone there knew that it was a bunch of bullshit. Like Toni cared? She knew she was untouchable and nothing could stop her until August 24, 1996.

It was late at night. Scott and Toni were heading to party like any other night. When they got near the zoo, Scott was suddenly stopped a man. It wasn’t any man, It was the guy Scott got his drugs from. The man kept asking him for his money. Toni just stood distant from the scene watching in fear. It wasn’t until Scott finally answered that the guy pulled a hand gun out and drilled her brother in the head with it. He then ran off into the night. Toni watched the blood seep out the back of his head onto the concrete. She saw the bullets in his skull. She just looked. For the first time in her life, Toni was alone. She then turned her back on her brother’s dead body and walked away in solace.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback.
comments.