Sequel: Tequila Shots

Sunsets in Silhoutte Dreams.

why don't we runaway?

Alex's Point of View
"Alexander, you didn't tell me you were bringing a friend." my mom walked into the living room and stopped abruptly, "oooh, she's pretty, Alexander."
"Thanks for that, mom." I replied, sarcastically.
"Aren't you going to introduce us?" my mom asked.
I sighed. My mom was going to scare Emily and embarrass me.
"Mom, this is Emily."
She clasped her hands together.
"So, this is the girl you have been speaking of!" I rolled my eyes, "Oh, i've heard so much about you."
Emily giggled slightly.
"Come, sit. Are you hungry?" my mom pestered her, and sat her down on the couch.
"I'm fine, Mrs. Gaskarth." she replied, politely.
My mom started asking her another question until I interrupted.
"Um, mom," I scratched the back of my neck, "we were actually just going to go into my room and hang out."
"Okay, Alex. Just keep the door open, okay?"
"Yeah, mom." I grabbed Emily and pulled her up to my room.
"Sorry about my mom. I didn't know she would be all weird about it. I just haven't brought a girl home in awhile" I chuckled.
She plopped on my bed.
"Eh, it's okay. I like her. She called me pretty." she smiled that brilliant smile of hers.
"That's because you are." I replied.
Her smile widened and she blushed, she looked down at her feet.
Humble.
"Do you play?" she asked, pointing to my acoustic.
"Yeah." I shrugged.
"Play me something." she said, picking it up and putting it into my hands.
"You've written things haven't you?" she asked.
"I have this one song...it's not good...it's not even finished."
"Play it. Please?" she asked.
I began strumming, working up the courage to sing in front of her. It was now or never.
"Get me out of this place before I cause more damage. A small price to play for building houses out of matchsticks. And when things get too hot, you've got me to blame for every fire that breaks out in every lover's name...."
I kept strumming for a bit and then stopped. I looked up to see her reaction.
She looked dumbfounded.
"Alex," she layed her hand on mine, "that was gorgeous."
♠ ♠ ♠
last one for today.