Guardian

Guardian

As the oldest senior of all agent members, even more important--the first member to join the first spy organization of the Furcadian world, Agent Mayella--May, for short--was expected to train all those who were below in rank. This expectation, of course, began when she became the age of thirty. She was the first, as a young fourteen-year-old, to show the most exceptional ability before all others in which would easily acquire the agent rank during training. Upon looking at an initial glance, one would see her, a rare lion species, as someone already born with such talents. However, that wasn’t the case with the genuinely gentle, but mute, girl.
Seeming ignorant, she appeared uninterested in all training she taught to her students. All she is able to do is show them how their lessons will be done, rather than lecture, for the fact that she cannot speak. As silent as she is, as expressionless as she is, the intensity of her quiet give others the impression that she is bored. Again, that is not how she truly feels on the inside. Outwardly, she is composed, dull, in control, silent, unemotional, strong, and professionally strict. This is not only due to being mute, but also because she is actually shy. When embarrassed or shy, the slyness deep in her mind coats it. It is a cover, much like a secret identity one must never discover. Still, when she covers those emotions, it is quite unintentional.
She had always thought, how would it feel like to be attached? To be involved with the world and the people?
She also thought that becoming an agent would support those wishes, but a week into the training, she surpassed all others far too easily and realized then that she would never be satisfied with the regular agent rank. Believing to need to be at the top, she fought with emotions showing in a readable light and, once again, became a superior within just a few years into her first week. Those days had passed with ease. Her appearance, during the job, wore often of heavy badges that weighed on her, explosives, claws, guns, and fists or feet being her weapons of preference, a protective vest for defense in which she lacked--finally, something lacking--she once thought, a black coat to hide the vest, boots for indoors, feet bared in the outdoors, pierced ears that hid a tool such as a spy camera, certain materials such as a hat to conceal the excess side hairs in which grew on all lions, and light sunglasses that covered her bright, golden eyes. When, finally, she grew wary of the discontent feelings in those present circumstances, she, still bearing unsatisfied emotions and ambition, aimed for higher grounds.
Her experience intensified, increased, and improved, both in quality and quantity. She came and went on missions with others and some of them solo. At last, the total of missions came to be the first record for the organization: nearly 180. This is when she was four months into the age of thirty. Five more missions were scored when she turned thirty-one, having tried harder than usual. It was as she came to an older age still in the business with better skills than most, that she grew more shy. Unused to the new feeling, inside, she was actually content, satisfied, and more than a bit enthusiastic--the outside appeared just the opposite. This is when others began to comment, of course, with despicable and ungrateful force. As she became more shy, her outer layers became less readable, less appreciative and more graceful, more, it would seem to others but not to her, superiority. As if, with the atmosphere she impresses, all the others are very obviously inferior, thus should be a fact. The harsh talk of her, most spreading that she should be removed from the agency as an agent, some about sending her off on a more difficult mission not even she could handle, and few that says she is clearly a traitor.
The more the rumors added on, the more her emotions set into turmoil. It was just how she was: innocent, gentle, honest, forgiving, quiet but fierce, emotional, fair, ambitious, bold, sharp, and most of all, intelligent. When she became more of a senior, her attributes were nearing perfect quality: strong in strength, fast in speed, keen in intelligence, and sharp in reflexes. It was near perfection, near because of what she still lacked--defense. Since it was what she longed to conquer, she decided something finally needed to be done to put rumors and reputations far in the past, and pay to prove the claims otherwise.
So, that being her toughest mission yet, she--using her wit--set to control her embarrassed emotions, reveal her true excited nature to all, taught in her job as the first senior agent, live a fulfilling life, and learn from her own students herself to conquer that lacking defense. Now, presently, she had kept guard more often than not about herself and those she loved; they still lacked, but improved, and all she could do is be acknowledging the fact that skills aren’t all. Even as an agent.
Agent May, as stated above, keen in her intelligence, has proven and shown evidence of the fault in the peoples’ talk. As asserted in her technique as she was, her ways became the most honorable to this day. We are all STILL grateful. A history, such as ours, would be most appreciated in all of this world. Without Mayella “Agent Number 108137”, as had been her code, Familiar, this agency would forever be dull and lacking, just as she was.
So, you ask? This is acknowledgement, for we would not be here as we are today without her. We had graced her with too many awards. But, being who she was, she declined them all, and, instead, accepted this script:
Furcadia would have been at a loss, if not for your Guardianship.
Mayella Familiar, as a secret agent of the Guardians, we acknowledge you and will be honored if you allow us to grace you in a more memorable history. This places you, when you pass, in an appreciative “hall of fame” as one of the first members of the Guardians. Please remain in peace, for if you are not, we will be especially grave about it.
Will you accept? We will understand if you were to decline.

She accepted.