‹ Prequel: It's A Long Story...
Status: Writing like a maniac, but I'm banned from posting. By the time I can post again, I'll be finished writing this story. Don't worry, it'll be worth it. ;)

The Way I Loved You

We Had It All

“Nick Nick Nick, Na-Nick Nick Nick, Nickelodeon!”

Have I mention my admiration for Demi? As in, Demi Lovato. That girl knows how to turn extremely awkward situations into hilarious memories.

And I could use some hilarious memories right now.

Demi and I have been writing songs together, for her new album. The Jonas’s are producing her album too, so we decided to make things easier for them by writing a few songs together.

Today, all five of us were meeting up at the studio, where Demi and I would play the new songs, and then we’d record them. Demi was singing lead vocals (since they were her songs) and I was singing background, along with Nick and Joe.

“Wow, Demi. Do you really think that you’re the first person to sing that to me?” Nick smirked and rolled his eyes jokingly.

“No, I’m just feeling extra chipper today!”

“Chipper? Are we British now? Cheerio, mate!” I used my best British accent, which caused all four of them to laugh, even Nick. “Shall we begin, love?”

“We shall!” Demi is the only person in the world that I would ever have a ‘British conversation’ with. That girl is crazy, but I love her!

“Okay.” I returned to my normal voice. “Let’s do it just like we rehearsed it. I play guitar, you sing lead, and I’ll do harmony. Got it?”

Demi nodded, as Nick handed me my guitar. I tried to stop the butterflies that formed in my stomach when my hand accidently brushed against his.

“5, 6… 5, 6, 7, 8…” I started strumming lightly, while Demi began singing the first verse.

(A/N: All of the parts in parenthesis ( ) are when Vivi sings along with Demi.)

Did you forget
That I was even alive
Did you forget
Everything we ever had
Did you forget
(Did you forget)
About me

Did you regret
Ever standing by my side
Did you forget
What we were feeling inside
Now I’m left
To forget
(About us)

But somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it

So now I guess
This is where we have to stand
Did you regret
Ever holding my hand
Never again
Please don't forget
(Don't forget)

We had it all
We were just about to fall
Even more in love
Than we were before
I won't forget
(I won't forget)
About us

But somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it


I started thrashing the chords during the mini-guitar solo, and Demi wailed the lyrics.

But somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it at all

And at last
All the pictures have been burned
And all the past
Is just a lesson that we’ve learned
I won’t forget
Please don’t forget
Us

Somewhere we went wrong
Our love is like a song
But you won’t sing along
You've forgotten
About
Us


“You guys wrote that? That was amazing!” Joe grinned at us.

“Well, actually, Vivi wrote most of the lyrics, I just…” I shot Demi a ‘Shut up now!’ look, and she stopped talking.

“Don’t be so modest, Dem.” I turned to the Jonas’s, “I just came up with the chords. Demi wrote the lyrics.”

“Yeah, uh-huh. Sure.” Kevin used his know-it-all tone, and squinted at me.

“Either way, it’s an awesome song. Let’s record it.” Nick interjected. That’s what I love about Nick; even when he’s the reason why I’m so nervous, he’s always the one to save me.

Demi, Joe and Kevin started talking about the orchestration, while Nick and I discussed the guitar solo.

“So I was thinking that right before the climax of the chorus, we thrash it out with the guitars. Like, I’m talking: drums, electric guitars, bass, and Demi wailing. What do you think?"

He rested his elbow on the table as he thought about it. “Yeah, I like it. But… that’s not really the vibe I was getting with the song. Isn’t it supposed to be sad?”

“Yeah, but I think the guitar solo would symbolize all of the pent-up anger that I- I mean, Demi had. Like, even though she’s sad that the guy forgot about their relationship, she still secretly wants him. You know?”

Nick stared right at me for a few seconds, and I could tell that he knew I had written the song, and that I wasn’t talking about Demi’s relationship; I was talking about OUR relationship.

“Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.” He said softly.

Demi turned to us. “Hey, I have an interview right now, so I was thinking that maybe you guys could start to lay down the instrument tracks, while I’m gone. I’ll be back in less than an hour.”

“Okay, sounds good. See you soon!” I gave her a hug, and then Kevin, Nick, and Joe did the same.

“Let’s start with drums.” I grabbed a set of headphones and walked into the recording booth.

After the studio tech gave me a nod, I started playing.

For some reason, I couldn’t get it to sound like how I had envisioned it to. I stopped playing, and spoke into the mike. “Hey, Nick? Can you come in here and help me with the drums?”

He nodded and walked into the room. “What’s wrong?”

“It just doesn’t sound the way I want it to. I can’t get the beat just right.” I handed him the drumsticks, and got up from my seat.

“Why don’t you play the guitar part, so that we can time it out perfectly?” He asked.

“Okay.” I walked out of the sound booth and grabbed an electric guitar and a pick. When I walked back in, Nick was playing around with the symbols, and murmuring to himself.

I loved when he got really focused, like this. It was like nothing else mattered to him, except for the music.

He looked up. “Let’s just play the whole song. You should sing, too.”

I raised my eyebrows. “Sing?”

“Yeah, you wrote the song, anyway. You already know the lyrics. Plus, it’ll be better for the timing of the drums.”

“I didn’t write…” Nick raised his eyebrows and sent me an understanding smile, causing me to stop my protests.

“I know you better than you think, Vivi.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I originally wrote this as a really long chapter, but now I'm splitting it up in two parts. The next chapter will be a continuation of this one.

Love Love Love,
Marissa