This One's a Cheap Shot

Chapter Two

“Trina” I heard Robin call as I walked down to the kitchen with Jacob in my arms. I sat him on the table as I fetched a cloth to wipe the blood from his head. He sobbed quietly as I cleaned him up. When I was finished I leaned forward and kissed his little head.

“All better” I said before smiling at him.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Robin asked as he crossed the room and stood behind me. I lifted my four year old son off the table and told him to go play. Once he had run from the room, I turned to Robin quickly.

“You left Robin… you went to the Holy Land to fight in a war that wasn’t your own!” I nearly shouted, I could feel the tears in my eyes and wanted to get out of there before he seen the effect he had on me. “I watched you leave and take my brother with you.” I said before I turned and left through the front door.

I watched Jacob playing with the other village children. He looked so happy, I knew I was doing something right. His happiness had been the only thing that kept me going while Robin was away. I knew that I had this little person to look after, a little part of Robin. He was perfect but the day that he was born I was had wept, wept for all the things I could never give him and all that he would miss out on. He was the bastard son of a lord and that’s all the people of Locksley would ever see him as. It broke my heart. I had been so engrossed in watching Jake that I hadn’t noticed Much walk up behind me.

“So you and Robin?” came Much’s voice from behind me. I looked at him and gave him a sad smile.

“It only happened the once, the next day he told me he was going to the Holy Lands to fight for King Richard. He broke my heart Much. I told I actually meant something to him… I was stupid!” I exclaimed. I felt him wrap his arm around me. He rested his chin on my shoulder.

“You’re not stupid Trina, I think Robin does care for you… he certainly mentioned you enough. Now that we’re home we’ll help you. You’re not alone anymore.” He whispered before giving my cheek a kiss. “Now go and get my nephew so I can be properly introduced.” He said before playfully pushing me forward. I shook my head and shoved him before calling Jake over.

“Yes mama,” he said as he reached me. I took hold of his hand before pulling him over to stand before Much.

“This is your uncle Much, Jake” I explained, Jake looked up at Much quickly before giving him a shy greeting.

“Hey there little man,” Much said as he got down on his knees to get a proper look at my child. “He looks just like him, doesn’t he?” he exclaimed in wonder as he lifted Jake’s chin.

“Yea he does,” came Robin’s voice from the doorway. “he is beautiful Trina and a credit to you, please can we talk alone. I have a few things I need to tell you.” He asked before stepping forward and taking my hand.

“You shouldn’t do that Robin. People will talk and god knows I can’t afford anymore ill-words spoken about me.” I replied before pulling my hand back. “we can talk inside, watch over Jake for me Much.” I spoke as I lead Robin into the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its been ages since i updated.. like years :/
hope you enjoy the chapter!