Status: hiatus: its been over a year since my last update. im sorry. ill willingly take up offers for a new author for this story!

What Do The Dead Wear?

Impatience Has Its Disadvantages

Frank casually walked the short way to the grocery store. He was kind of running low on food, and his stomach wouldn't let him not buy any. So, he was on his way. The grocery store wasn't much far from Frank's small apartment. It was about a ten minute walk from his front door, to the front doors of the store.

Strolling through the parking lot, he entered through the automatic sliding doors. He didn't bother with grabbing a cart and kept on walking down to the two isles he always visited: the snack isle, and the beverage isle.

As he passed the shelves full of every single cereal doctors and dentists would not recommend, Frank grabbed a large green box of Apple Jacks. He stuck the box underneath his arm as we slowly made his way to the second isle, which of course, consisted of every junky, caffeinated beverage possible. He grabbed two four-pack cans of Red Bull and started on the short distance to the check out counters.

"Paper or plastic, sir?" The stalky kid at the end of the counter asked, a paper bag already prepped in his hands. He didn't look the most thrilled to be there. His blank face and look of utter want to get out kind of gave it away.

"Um, paper I guess." Frank replied, pulling out his wallet. Before even knowing the cost of the damned items, he knew it was going to be pricey. Red Bull wasn't exactly the cheapest of energy drinks.

"And your total comes to nineteen dollars and fifteen cents." The kid who had already scanned Frank's items, told him. He looked up at Frank and flashed him a quick smile.

As Frank dug into his wallet for a twenty, his white Hollywood sunglasses slid off the top of his head and crashed to the cold floor with a bang. "Shit." He scolded as he lazily bent down to pick them up. Placing them on the board special for customers, he pulled out a twenty dollar bill and handed it over to the cashier.

As the guy rang up Frank's change, he looked at the two workers name tags. The kid bagging's tag read: 'Chris Bagger' in an all caps black font. The boy who was working the register's tag read: 'Gerard Cashier' in the same all caps black font as Chris's. Sighing, Frank lent against the counter, as his small impatient body got even more impatient.

"Ah, sorry about this. I'm kind of tired and out of it." Gerard apologized as he noticed Frank's impatient face.

"Oh don't worry about it, happens all the time." Frank replied in a flat tone, trying his best to be kind.

It was nearing ten and the store was going to be closing any minute by then. Frank had work the next day, he had to get up early, he didn't have time to waste waiting for some new employee to fuck up.

"Here's your change-" Gerard started, but Frank cut him off.

"Just keep it." He told him as he grabbed his bag and headed for the door.

--

The next morning, Frank was rudely woken up by his phone ringing loud in his ear.

"Hello?" He groggily answered his phone, as he swiveled his body to a sitting position.

"Hi, is this uh Frank?" An unfamiliar male voice answered to Frank's rhetorical question.

"Mm yeah." Frank replied, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He let his eyes drift over to his alarm clock. The lit up red numbers screamed back at him that he had twenty minutes to get ready and leave for work.

"Yeah...um sorry for calling so early. Its just...you kind of left your wallet at the store last night...and um...i found it...and I'm calling you so you can get it back..." The kid trailed off, sounding a bit uneasy to Frank. He mentally slapped him self when he realized that he never grabbed it on his way out.

"Shit," he muttered to himself. "Thank you so much for picking it up for me. When do you think I could come over and get or something?" He unwillingly got his body up and out of his bed. Frank walked around his bedroom, in search of clean clothes that he hadn't already worn that week.

"Well, depending on if you work or not, you could come over in a few minutes..." The guy suggested. "Or we could meet up on lunch hour."

"The second one." Frank rang, slipping on a pair of tight, jean skinnies. He maneuvered the phone around his shoulders as he slipped on a black zombie shirt.

"Okay, well I'll see you at Starbucks around twelve-" The kid was starting to say before Frank cut into his words.

"Wait, whats your name?" Frank asked, just remembering he didn't know exactly who it was he was going to be meeting up with in a matter of hours. He replied that his name was Gerard and that he was the one working the registers the previous night. The two soon bid their fare wells as they both had their separate work stations to run to.

--

As the hours passed, Frank stared at the clock mounted on the wall instead of watching the few customers in the store. Frank wasn't excited to be seeing Gerard again, he could easily live without ever seeing him again.

He was just worried about getting his wallet back. It carried some of his most personal things. Not to mention a lot of cash and some credit cards. Legally, he shouldn't even be driving because his wallet contained his drivers license.

He lazily flipped through a magazine, trying to advert his attention away from the time. Frank looked up from his music magazine when he heard a faint coughing sound.

"Can I help you?" Frank asked, as he stared down impatiently at the kid clutching a CD.

"Uh, I wanna buy this. Is that possible?" The smart ass kid quirked. Frank smirked at how smart assy the kid was being. But, he wasn't getting paid to smirk. The little boy handed the CD over to him and he took it, running it under the scanner.

"And your total comes to fifteen seventeen." Frank told the mop top boy as he fished through his pockets for cash. Frank impatiently glanced down at his magazine, reading a short article about a small known Jersey band.

Once the kid had finally given Frank his money, Frank ran it through the register, handing him back his change and cd wrapped up in a small baggy.

"Iero, lunch!" His boss called to him as somebody else's shift started up. Frank gladly left the small little record store. He hopped in his car and turned the keys in the ignition, heading on towards Starbucks.

--

Parking in his car in the small lot, Frank quickly got out and headed into the sweet smelling coffee shop. He looked around for a familiar face.When he turned up no one, he headed towards the counter and got a mocha frappucino.

A cold caffeinated drink was always good on those chilly days. He grabbed his coffee and sat himself in a big red comfy chair in front of a fireplace. He sipped his coffee as he impatiently waited for Gerard to come in.