Status: hiatus: its been over a year since my last update. im sorry. ill willingly take up offers for a new author for this story!

What Do The Dead Wear?

A Scary Night

The two boys had decided upon Frank's small little apartment. Though it wasn't big enough for the two of them, they figured Gerard could sleep on the couch.

"So, this is my small little apartment. Touch anything, and I will murder you." Frank growled a threat. Gerard just giggled, knowing that Frank was only joking.

"Frankie, I've been here before." Gerard said flatly.

"Hey, I'm not joking. I've murdered a man before." Frank wriggled his eyebrows, completely ignoring what Gerard had said. Gerard giggled out again.

"Okay Frankie dearest, whatever you say." Gerard patted the top of Frank's hair as he passed the short boy and walked into the little apartment. It wasn't to bad, Gerard thought. Just a nice small cozy home for a lonely guy. It was shocking the kid didn't have a lonely guy cat.

Frank pulled his key out from the lock and shut the front door with a loud slam. He then circled around and watched as Gerard examined a picture sitting on a shelf.

"Who's this?" Gerard asked, pointing to a women smiling with Frank. In the picture, Frank and some girl stood together with their hands cupped together. Frank had a typical huge grin on his face while the lady looked like she was in the middle of laughing. The picture had obviously been taken in the fall, due to the colorful background. Leafless trees and mounds of multicolored leaves scattered the grassy green ground. The two of them looked dirty and had leaves in their hair, perhaps they had been playing in them.

"Oh, that is just my friend Amber." He told him, walking into the kitchen and pulling out a few Red Bulls from the fridge.

"Oh really? Well tell me about her!" Gerard pipped up, following Frank into the little kitchen. He had replaced the picture exactly where he found it on the shelf.

"Uh she's my friend Amber and has been since like when I was younger." He plainly told him, sipping down some of his Red Bull. Gerard sighed and knew it was a horrible idea for Frank to be drinking Red Bull, but decided just to leave him be.

"Aw how cute." Gerard puckered up his lips and gave Frank a kissy face. He just stuck out his tongue in return.

"Lets go watch something!" Frank jumped and pushed passed Gerard. He jumped, soared through the air, and landed on the cushy couch with a thud. He flopped over until he sat upright with the remote in his hand. Gerard soon followed, taking a seat on a chair next to the couch. Frank flipped on the television and instantly started surfing the channels. Various movies and cartoon shows passed through the two boys' eyes.

"That is ridiculous." Gerard said while Frank kept pressing the channel button. For maybe a second, the television had stopped on the news channel. Jennifer and Mark were reporting the same old story: some random guy being murdered by the towns new serial killer. As scary as it was, Gerard started to get annoyed at the topic. It was pure stupidity that the police couldn't hunt down the killer. There had to be some way they could find the man.

Frank soon became bored of the televisions offer of movies and such. So without a word, he got up and popped in a horror flick. After pressing play, he snuggled back on the couch. He curled up on his side, a blanket spread over his body. Gerard still sat on the chair, scooting down a bit to get comfier. He was about to ask what movie they were watching, when the the title appeared on the screen; The Messengers.

Frank nor Gerard had ever seen the movie, it had been a movie that they had rented from Blockbuster with Ray. Though, that night, they never got around to watching it.

Gerard kept sipping a Red Bull he had previously fished out of the refrigerator. It was something for him to do. Though as the movie's intensity built up, he kept drinking faster and faster. Frank, on the other hand, clutched onto the blanket for dear life. Nothing to scary had even happened yet, but he had watched enough horror movies to know when something frightening was coming up.

He watched as the little boy on the screen shook in horror. Tears dripping down his cheeks as he sat crouched in the cabinet. The movie hadn't shown really what he was hiding from, but they knew it was scary due to the previous acts. Frank clutched even tighter to the blanket as painful moments passed on the screen. He nearly jumped two feet and yelped when the music took a jump and a hand snatched out for the boy. Frank shook even more and dared himself to close his eyes. But as the intensity on the movie let up, he began to breathe normally again. He looked over at Gerard to see if he to was scared, but all he saw was a smile spread on his face and chuckling erupting from his throat.

"What is so damn funny?" Frank asked in astonishment. He was completely shocked that he hadn't found the movie one bit frightening.

"You. You're such a chick!" Gerard giggled. Franks face fell to a frown.

"Well shut up and get over here. I'm a scaredy cat and horror flicks freak the hell out of me!" He told him in a serious tone. Gerard obeyed and popped up and sat down next to Frank on the couch.

"Okay, I'll protect you. I'll make sure no scary hands come and snatch you away!" He held onto Frank as he jerked his hand in front of Frank's face, making him nearly jump off the couch.

"That isn't funny! I'm seriously scared! Now are you going to be my hero Mr.Way, or a jackass?" He asked as he lent up on his hand and stared straight into Gerard's eyes.

"I'll be your hero, Mr. Iero" He sighed and emphasized Mr.Iero. Frank then snuggled into Gerard's side. He wrapped his arms around his middle as Gerard wrapped an arm around his shoulders. As the movie went on, and scary parts played out on the screen, Frank felt somewhat safer with Gerard's body so close to his. Though he still jumped and buried his head in his chest at surprising or scary parts.

"Gerard! Oh my god Gerard! Don't fall asleep on me!" He screeched as he stared up at Gerard's closed eyes. He shook his body and tried to force the man to wake up.

"Wha?" Gerard mumbled as his body was shaken vigorously. He opened his eyes to see a frantic Frank staring back at him.

"You fell asleep." He told him as he retook his place in his side. Gerard apologized and stroked Frank's hair, comforting him. He watched as a girl was practically traumatized by a dead boy. He thought he could relate as he silently chuckled to himself.

As the rest of the movie played on, the two boys accidentally fell asleep. Gerard's head was lain against the back of the couch as one of his arms wrapped around Frank and the other on Frank's arm. Frank was laying against Gerard's side, his head resting on his chest as his arms wrapped around the older mans body.

--

Bright sun leaked into Frank's eyes. He screwed his eyes shut tighter and groaned.He lazily flopped away from the bright light. He dug his head deeper into the depths of his couch. He could hardly breath, due to the cushion, but he'd rather deal with that then the luminous sun.

Unfortunately for him, when he had flipped over, he had awoken Gerard. The older of the two stirred in his sleep, he grumbled slightly before letting his eyes finally open. He rubbed the sleep out of them. As his eyes focused on the sudden brightness, he didn't recognize the place he was in. His left arm suddenly felt a body underneath it and he swiveled his head sideways to stare at a small little butt. It was wearing blue jeans and had a folded up bandanna sticking out from the back pocket. He was tempted to pull it out, but decided against it. The lump that was attached to the jean butt started to move. Gerard practically stopped breathing, hoping he hadn't disturbed the body.

"Ow." He groaned after a mysterious hand came out and slapped him in the face. Frank quickly jumped up and started ranting off apologies.

"Oh god I am so sorry Gerard!" Frank started apologizing as he caressed Gerard's redden face. Gerard stifled a giggle. To him, Frank was overacting. It hadn't hurt that much. But he wasn't complaining about his hand on his face.

"Don't worry, it didn't even hurt that much." Gerard giggled out. Frank then let out a sigh of relief and sat back down on the cozy couch. The two of them sat and stared off at the bright white wall that was opposite them. A few silent moments passed before the ring of a phone broke the silence. Gerard groaned as he lazily pulled out the loud mobile from his pocket.

"Hello?" He asked in a somewhat pissed tone. He had nearly just woken up and didn't really feel like talking to anyone besides Frank. Plus, he still had his early morning sleepy voice.

"Oh hey Gee! Say, me and some of the guys are going to go hang, want to come?" Gerard's youngest and only brother, Mikey answered the phone in a chipper voice. Apparently he'd woken up early and was awake now. His awake and fast voice irritated Gerard and made him groan in annoyance.

"Uhh sure Mikey, I guess. Are you kids hanging at the usual?" He asked back. He thought about mentioning Frank, but figured he'd find out about him when they met up anyways.

"Yes! So see you there, Gee!" Mikey replied in an overly hyper voice. Gerard said 'good bye' and hung up the phone. He then craned his head to face Frank's small face.

"Do you mind if we go hang out with my little brother and his friends? If you don't want to, then that is quite alright." He asked as Frank's face twisted into a curious look.

"Sure!" He giggled out.

--

Frank grabbed his house keys and through on a hoodie as Gerard headed towards the front door. After he stepped out, Frank then shut and locked his door, jiggling the handle a few times to ensure it was locked.

The two men then started up they're long walk to the nearest park, which was quite a ways away. Gerard started out a head of Frank, his long legs stretching farther than Frank's short ones.

"Tell me again why we're not taking the car." Frank pipped up from behind Gerard, raising his voice a little. Gerard's shoulders raised up and down, the cruel boy was laughing at him.

"Because exercise is good and its good to get some fresh air." Gerard told Frank as he heard scurrying behind him. He twisted his head backwards to see Frank scrambling to catch up with his quick pace.

"Can we walk slower? I'm practically running over here!" Frank whined when he made it next to Gerard and clutched onto his arm. Gerard giggled out again at Frank. To him it was funny watching the short boy struggling to keep up. They hadn't been walking for very long and already Frank was complaining.

"Okay Frankie, we can walk slower." He told him, slowing down his pace. And thus, Frank's short little legs didn't have to work so hard.

--

"I'm tired! We're not getting there fast enough!" Frank whined as he stood and panted. Gerard stopped and watched as the nearly little boy panted. It was a typical Frankie move to whine about the time.

"Sorry, but this is as fast as walking can get us." Gerard told him.

"Can't we take the car? Just like go back and drive there?" Frank heaved out of his breathless lungs.

"Sorry, but we're half way there, we would walk the same distance back anyway." Gerard replied. And Frank groaned at the thought of only being half way there. Sure, he had had a Red Bull not to long ago, but the caffeine only worked on little things, not big long walks. His lips curled into a mischievous grin when he thought out the solution to his problem.

--

"Hows everything going up there?" Gerard asked as he squeezed tightly onto Frank's stubby legs.

"Good. I can see so much more from here!" Frank nearly yelled. He was maybe three or four feet taller than usual, so to him, it was like being on top of the Eiffel Tower. He could see so much more, that much more buildings and roads stretched before him. He also loved having Gerard's moppy black hair in his face and his warm body hugged underneath his. He put his nose into Gerard's hair and took a big whiff. And just then, wonders were done for his nose. The older man's hair smelled of wonderful things.