Status: hiatus: its been over a year since my last update. im sorry. ill willingly take up offers for a new author for this story!

What Do The Dead Wear?

A Memorable Day Part One

For the next few days, Gerard, Frank and Ray all went to Starbucks at lunch time.

"Aww man, this is my last day today. I have to go back to Woodbury tomorrow." Ray told the two of them, his face frowning as he knew he would have to leave his friends.

"Are you serious?" Frank asked, shocked and surprised. Ray had only been with him for a few days, that wasn't enough for a rekindled friendship. He wanted more than anything for Ray to stay longer.

"You can't leave us, Ray! I just met you." Gerard burst, sad that one of his newest best friends was going to be leaving him.

"Sorry guys, but I have to go, the job and girlfriend are calling." His face remained serious and sad at the same time. Though he was leaving two of his best friends, he was still happy to be seeing his love again and going back to the job he loves to do.

"Well today we are totally going to make it your best!" Frank slammed his hand against the small table. A grin playing on his lips as he said this. Gerard joined in with Frank on planning on what they were going to do that day to make it one of Ray's most memorable.

--

The three of them walked onto the fair grounds. Lovesick couples, kids eating cotton candy and friends all walked around the fair. People were already on the ferris wheel, some playing rip off games and others, just enjoying being in love.

"Well since we're going to make this your best day ever, we decided the fair was a good way to start it off." Frank told Ray as they gave money to workers waiting at the entrance of the fair.

They didn't seem to thrilled to be there. They all wore the same yellow polos and the same bored faces. There were three people working the entrance way, and not very many people at the fair. Being a work day, not to many people would really be able to go to a fair.

Frank had told his boss that he was sick, and he was excused from that day. His boss, Mr. Black, had told him to get a lot of rest and eat some soup. Gerard, on the other hand, just flat out told his boss the truth. That he was with a friend who was leaving that day and he wasn't going to be seeing him in a long time. Of course, his boss too bought it. Though he did happen to mention to Gerard that if it were to happen again, it could cost job.

So, everyone was off the hook and had a free day ahead of them.

"Well then lets go!" Ray yelled as he grabbed Gerard's and Frank's wrists, pulling them into the grounds. The three of them decided on walking around first, just to check out the cruddy games, boring rides and the food selection.

They hadn't eaten at Starbucks because Ray had told them right away that he had to leave. And when he did, they left almost instantly, not wanting to waste a minute.

Frank's eyes strayed over to a booth. A small little booth filled with stuffed animals and three balloons floating in the center of it.

"Want a try?" The man working the both asked Frank, holding three beanbags in hand.

"Yes, actually I do." Frank told him. He handed the guy a dollar, one for each beanbag. Ray and Gerard had noticed the lack of a Frank and walked over to see what he was doing.

Frank stood back a bit and lined up his shot with the middle balloon. The object of that game was to hit the balloon completely out of the air. He then threw the beanbag as hard as he could. It hit the balloon perfectly in the center, sending it backwards out of its flotation. Unfortunately, the little devil snapped back into place.

"No winner." The man informed him, picking back up the bean bag. Frank stood there, his temper boiling up inside.

"Bullshit!" He yelled. A women who too was playing the game had told the worker that Frank had won, but he wouldn't take it. Frank screamed out in frustration and stormed away from the booth.

"Thats the whole point of those games. They're just money wasters. It's like gambling, you keep betting more because you think you'll win, but at the end of the day, you just lose your money and get nothing out of it." Ray informed him. It was true, game booths at fairs were only meant to make the player lose. Often times they were unfair, they're made impossible to beat.

"That was lame, I'm never blowing my money on shit like that again." He cursed. The three of them continued on walking down the road, Frank's eyes steering away from the booths.

"Let's get some cotton candy! Always a must and perhaps it will put Frankie in a better mood." Gerard suggested when he saw a booth full of cotton candy.

"Yeah! I love cotton candy!" Ray said as the three of them walked over to the booth. Frank came along but never got any. He claimed he was 'too full' which was odd for Frank. Usually he could eat anything at any time, especially candy.

"Oh cheer up, it's just a game. Come on, you've blown your money on more useless things." Gerard informed him, wrapping his arm around his shoulder.

"It's not that I wasted money, but I got it! And he knew it. And she knew it! But he wouldn't let me win!" He frowned.

"Have some cotton candy, it'll make you feel better." Gerard told him, thrusting the cone into his face. Frank pushed it away and mumbled something about it being all sugar and fattening.

Gerard gave up on making him happy and instead, tried to make Ray happy. Not that Ray needed cheering up, he was happier than he could ever be. Being out with his two best friends at a fair was like heaven.

"Lets go on the ferris wheel! Lets go on the ferris wheel!" Ray cried as he jumped up and down and pointed at the giant wheel. Gerard agreed as they all ran towards it, stopping at the end of the very short line.

"I love these things. Giant wheels going around and around." Gerard giggled as he made the motions with his hands. Frank just stood there with his arms folded over his chest. He still wasn't happy about the whole rip off game.

Within minutes, they were at the front of the line. Gerard and Ray gave the worker man huge grins as they hopped into their cart. The three of them sat apart from each other, trying to get the ultimate scary experience.

As the cart slowly turned to the top, they could see more and more land outstretch in front of them. As the cart made its way back down, their stomachs lurched into their chests, then lurched back down as they went up again.

--

"That was fun!" Gerard cried when their ride had ended. Frank just murmured an 'mhm' as they continued on walking.

"I love ferris wheels. They're the best ever." Ray giggled. They continued on walking until they passed a bathroom.

"Hey guys, I've got to pee so I'll be right back." Ray told the two of them as he ran into the mens room.

They kept on walking with the intentions of not straying far so Ray could easily see them. Frank sat down at a nearest bench, his face pouting as he was still sour about earlier.

Gerard just sighed and kept walking. When he walked passed an interesting booth about breaking plates, he decided to stop.

"How do you play?" He asked the lady who was smiling and trying to persuade people to play.

"You just have to hit the plates with these balls, three dollars for three." She smiled as she took her eyes off of the crowd and now focused on Gerard.

"I'll take them." He said as he gave her three dollars and she gave him the balls in return.

Frank's eyes strayed over to Gerard's back, his curiosity told him to get up and walk over next to him. He stood next to Gerard as he watched him line up his shot.

The ball descended through the air as it came in contact with a plastic plate. Gerard rejoiced slightly. He then threw the second ball. It flew through the air and came in contact with another plate. He smiled at his good aim. Though he wasn't as fortunate on the third shot. It ended up missing a plate completely and bouncing off the back wall.

"Congratulations! Even though you didn't hit all three of them, you still get this cute little penguin for trying." She gave him a big smile as she picked up a stuffed penguin, fluffed its fur a bit and handed it over to him. He looked down at the cheesy stuffed animal and looked over at Frank.

"Here, I got it for you." He told him as he handed him the cushy penguin. Frank's face lit up as he held onto it. His grin took over his face as he squeezed it as tight as he could. He was like a five year old with it, loving it with so much of his heart.

"Thank you." Frank giggled as he clutched the poor thing to his chest.

All he had wanted from the fair was a cheap stuffed animal that was won over a game. He didn't care how much money he wasted on it. But, this one was more special than anyone could ever win because his best friend won it just for him.

Gerard smiled in a your-welcome way. He then leaned down and kissed Frank's forehead.