Status: hiatus: its been over a year since my last update. im sorry. ill willingly take up offers for a new author for this story!

What Do The Dead Wear?

Look On The Bright Side

Ray left the next day, giving Gerard and Frank hugs, promising to call. Gerard had parted from Frank's home to go to work. Leaving Frank all alone to clean up their disastrous mess.

--

Frank now sat perched on his stool behind the register. Flipping lazily through another music magazine.

"Excuse me." Someone shyly croaked. Frank glanced up from his magazine and stared down at a petite lady. She was dressed in a pink business suit, except instead of pants she wore a skirt. She was shakily clutching onto her purse as her blond locks cascaded down her shoulders.

"Hey, how can I help you?" He asked politely, closing his magazine. He gave her a caring smile and she half returned it.

"Uhm, I'm looking for some cd with the title like a flag or something like that. I think theres a color in the title too..." She trailed off, trying to remember the name of the band that she was supposed to be buying a cd of.

"Oh, Black Flag? Sure. Right this way." He hopped down from his bench and guided the lady to the punk section. She silently walked behind him, still clutching nervously onto her purse. Frank wanted to ask her if she was okay, but figured it'd be best not to.

"Do you want Damaged, In My Head, Loose Nut?" He asked her. Pulling up various Black Flag albums.

"Err..." She mumbled to herself, trying to think hard of what the title was. "Well what would you suggest?" She shyly asked, deciding upon having a professional help with picking out an album instead of guessing.

"Well I personally think Nervous Breakdown is the best. But it only has four songs on the whole record." He told her, picking up the white and blue case. She stared at it hard, as if it would magically tell her which albums to buy.

"I suppose I'll just get these two then." She said, shakily picking up Nervous Breakdown and In My Head. Frank grabbed them with a smile and ran over to the register to ring them up.

"So, did you hear about those people getting murdered?" Frank asked her for conversation while he scanned the disks.

"Oh yeah, tragic isn't it? Here in small little Jersey. I just hope no body I know gets murdered..." She trailed off. Frank agreed and handed her a bag containing the two disks. She took it and gave him a weary smile.

--

"I wonder - if they'll ever - catch that - serial killer." Frank said between sips of his frappucino.

"Yeah, me too. I'm sure they will. I mean, they have to." Gerard replied, emphasizing the word 'have'.

The two boys were once again sitting in Starbucks with their coffees. This time, they were without Ray. Frank snuggled in deeper into the red velvety chair he was occupying.

"Well lets just hope that nobody we know gets killed or anything. I don't think I'd be able to handle my best friends dying." He replied sadly, staring into the mesmerizing fire.

The only thing they could do really was stay cautious and stay close to the ones they loved. They couldn't just magically stop the killer from killing, they didn't even know who it was! No one did, well except for the unfortunate souls that were taken by them.

"Me neither. I don't know what I would do if my brother died." Gerard replied. He stared off into what seemed like space. He just sat there, sipping his coffee and thinking about what he would do without his annoying younger sibling. He shivered at the thought.

"Well this is ridiculous. Who cares if someones out there to get people? Just as long as we stay alert, I'm sure we're fine. I mean, we can't just let this idiot control our lives. Lets go out and do something." Frank stood up and voiced. He was right, it was ridiculous.

There had been unknown murderers and rapists running around the streets without anyone knowing. And no one stayed cautious then, so why should they now? There wasn't really a difference, the only one was that people knew there was a serial killer out there.