Status: hiatus: its been over a year since my last update. im sorry. ill willingly take up offers for a new author for this story!

What Do The Dead Wear?

Kind of Awkward

Gerard blushed a deep shade of red and quickly parted away from Frank. He sat back in his chair, trying to focus on the screen and hoping that Frank wouldn't run out on him now. He threw his hoodie in his lap, no longer needing it. Blushing had made him pretty warm.

Frank squirmed awkwardly in his chair and had blushed a deep red as well. He hoped Gerard hadn't seen it. It was pretty dark in the movie theater, so that was most unlikely. He tried as hard as he could to watch the movie, though he had lost interest before Gerard even kissed him. Thoughts kept buzzing through his head, seemingly louder than the movie. It was hard to ignore them, barley making it possible for him to focus. A few minutes of trying and he decided to give up. He sat there, mindlessly staring at the screen, not even taking in what was happening.

The two boys awkwardly sat there, not even paying attention to the screen, the same thing buzzing around their heads.

A few minutes later, Frank let out a sigh of relief when he saw the credits roll up the screen. He could now escape from the awkwardness. He stood up and grabbed his hoodie along with the popcorn, soda and candy he'd brought in. Gerard followed suit, grabbing his soda cup. They quietly walked out of the dark room, into the bright hallway of the theater. They threw their trash away and headed towards the exit.

"So..how did you like the movie?" Gerard asked to try to clear up the awkward silence. He now had his hoodie on and his hands shoved into the pockets.

"Um, it was okay. It kind of bored me." Frank told him truthfully. It was part truth, seeing as how he couldn't even focus at the end.

"Yeah, it was kind of lame about how Superman banged whats her face." Gerard giggled. Frank giggled as well, finally shining some light on the awkwardness that had hung around their heads.

"Say, I'm pretty hungry. We should go eat somewhere!" Frank piped up.

"Frankie! You just ate!" Gerard groaned, using a new nickname he'd never called Frank before. Frank just giggled at him.

"I know. But I'm hungry again!" Frank grinned. But the more Frank pushed, the little bit more that Gerard caved in. Until he finally couldn't take it and agreed.

--

"There, you've got your salad, now eat and be happy." Gerard told Frank in a fake stern voice. Frank gave him a childish smile and immediately started stabbing at the innocent green leaves. He shoveled the leaves into his mouth and started stabbing again. Gerard was amazed that he could eat again. After eating popcorn and Twizzlers, one would think that'd be enough. Especially for a person as small as Frank.

"Here, have a bite." Frank told him, shoving a fork full of leaves in his face. He gently pushed the fork away with a 'no thanks.' But just like the popcorn, it appeared in his face again. He lent his head against his palm and stared at the fork. Which, by now, was impatiently being jabbed towards his face.

"No, I'm not hungry." He groaned as he pushed the annoying metal away. Of course Frank wouldn't take that answer, so the fork appeared in his face once again.

"Come on, hurry up. My salad's getting cold." Frank whined, trying ever so hard to get the fork into Gerard's mouth.

"But sala-" Gerard was about to start, but a suddenly leafy greenness found its way into his mouth. He snatched the fork out of his mouth and chewed the leaves. He wasn't exactly a salad kind of guy. Frank then snatched the fork away from his hands.

"Why do you like feeding me?" Gerard asked curiously, watching as Frank shoved the salad into his mouth. It was impossible for him to eat any faster. The kid was going to give himself a heart attack.

"'Cause," Frank gulped down the salad and water. "I want to. And you look like you could use some food in you." He giggled slightly.

"But I don't. All there is here is grossness." Gerard huffed, rubbing his hands on his stomach.

"Oh don't act anorexic. I will feed you when I want to and you'll eat the food whether you want to or not." Frank waved at him with his fork. Gerard let out a groan and went back to leaning his head against his palm. He watched as Frank's Adams apple bobbed in and out whenever he swallowed. He started a fit of giggles at the sound of him gulping.

"What?" Frank asked through a drink of water. He stopped pouring the liquid down his throat and placed the glass back on the table. Still Gerard was giggling.

"What is so funny?" He asked sternly. He had now dropped his fork on his plate and faced Gerard.

"Nothing..its just that gulping noise you make when you drink." Gerard giggled out. Frank gave him an odd look, swearing that Gerard was high. He decided to not think about it and started chewing his salad. Gerard burst out into another fit of laughter.

"Stop it!" Frank told him, dropping his fork.

"S-sorry. Carry on." Gerard stopped laughing and apologized in a serious tone. Frank smirked and started on his salad again.

Since Gerard's entertainment had been wreaked, he looked around the small diner. Families and couples scattered around the various tables. He wasn't to interested in what people were doing. So, he stood up, excused himself, and walked to the bathroom.

He pushed open the door, and walked into the empty tiled room. There were two grungy stalls, three urinals and one lousy sink. He sighed and sat on the counter where the sink was located. He rest his head against the mirror and closed his eyes.

He thought about what he had just done in the movie theater. He debated against himself, saying that he didn't do on purpose. The apposing side always told him he did. He didn't know if he felt that 'special' way towards Frank or if it really was just an accident. He sighed again, confused. His body suddenly froze when he thought about when he stretched. He had accidentally placed his arm around Frank's seat. The poor innocent kid probably thought he was coming onto him.

He pushed the thoughts out of his head and decided not to think about it, especially in the bathroom. He decided to take advantage of where he was when he felt his bladder fill to the brim. After he relieved himself and washed his hands, he strolled back to the table.

"Hiya." He said, sitting down opposite Frank. By the looks of it, he had finished his salad and was now munching on a roll.

"So, do you want to go home after this, or do something else?" Gerard asked him while he watched him munch on the bread.

"Uh," He thought aloud. "I don't know. I mean its Friday, so if you wanted to do something, we could." Frank told him, stopping from his bread and thinking.

"You know, I was just thinking about that first time we met. At the grocery store." Gerard recalled that first day. Frank snorted with laughter at the memory.

"You were kind of a dick." He told Frank, who laughed some more.

"What can I say? I'm an impatient guy. Plus, I was hungry and it was late." Frank replied, leaning against the back of the bench with his arms crossed behind his head.

"Hey! I was new! And tired! You can't blame a man who's tired and new." Gerard counteracted. The day Frank had come into that store was the third day of Gerard's new job. He could recall the night almost perfectly:

After the seemingly rude customer had strolled out the glass doors, snapping at Gerard for no reason, he looked down at the counter.

"Shit." He mumbled, picking up the ever so bright Hollywood sunglasses and the black leather wallet. He sighed.

"Horrible luck. But that bitch deserved it." Chris chimed in. Gerard looked over at the bored kid's face, his piercing blue eyes poking out from underneath his red hair. Gerard agreed and placed the two items in his pocket, he figured he'd somehow find the kid's number and return them to him.


Frank finished up his meal and paid the polite waitress the seven fifty he owed her.

"So, Where are we headed?" Gerard asked, standing up and pulling on his hoodie.