Love and Broken Hearts

Passion

He was the best new kid we'd ever gotten

Brandon
4th-6th grade.
I seen him that fateful 4th grade day, and it was like at first sight.
5th grade came, and at the beginning of the year, I sat by Brandon, and we became best friends. I would sit with him at his lunch table, and he would make me laugh until the juice he gave me came out my nose. I liked him more with each passing day. I mean, we listened to the same music, we were in the same band, and we went to each other's houses all the time.
About halfway through the school year, Amber came in. We fought all the time. Not because we hated each other. It was because we both loved Brandon. We fought over who he liked more, who got to lay next to him while 'tanning' at recess. Brandon never picked sides. Even when we weren't friends and we were in the bathroom at the same time, he would call "Amber, Elizabeth!"
I asked him out. He said yes. And for 5 days we went out. 4 of those days were snow days and the weekend, but I was overjoyed. The first song I heard after he said yes was Passion by Gretchen. It was also the first song I heard when he broke up with me.
By 6th grade, I knew everything there was to know about him-his favorite color was purple, his birthday was March 14, his favorite band was Fall Out Boy, he knew how to use chopsticks, he liked the movie School of Rock, his favorite Naruto character was Kiba, he loved playing the drums, and he could draw. He drew me pictures of Kakashi and Sasuke, my favorite Naruto characters.
Then Christmastime came. He became distant, hanging out with Tim and Stephen. He talked to me less and less, and when we came back from Christmas break, he had completely stopped talking to unless it was something for school. We haven't talked since.
Eventually, my passion for him died, mainly from the help of some great friends. Who knew they could be so supportive?
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Gretchen.
Thanks so much to xSpunkyx for giving me the idea for this story.
YOU GO, GIRL!
Check her out, she's amazing.
<3