Love and Broken Hearts

The Ghost of You

She walked in beauty.
And accepted me all the way

Amber.
6th grade.
Around the end of 6th grade, I was drawn to Amber. Her laugh, her style, her voice, all captivated me. I loved her every move, she was beautiful. I did everything I could just to get near her. We were best friends, and it killed me knowing that we wouldn't ever be more. I decided that I was bi. Now all I needed was to decide when to tell her.
One night while we were IM'ing, she asked me who the mystery person that I liked was. I didn't tell her straight up. I told her the initials were AB. First she guessed Allie, then she guessed herself. She was okay with it, and I was the only one who felt akward.
About a month later, my birthday party came, and I told all my friends I was bi. None of them judged me. What I didn't tell them was that I liked Amber.
Summer came, and so did a lot of trouble. I calmly listened to Amber's boy problems. It killed me inside, but I didn't want us to fight or be akward, so I listened to all of them. I even gave her advice. I watched her destroy herself over Brandon, and I couldn't do anything. I just wanted her to be happy. Her favorite song soon became his: The Ghost of You, and she couldn't sing or hear it without crying.
Then one night, I went on her Bebo. I seen how everything had to do with Brandon. That night I told her I didn't like her anymore.
I lied.
I liked her until school started. Only did I get over her when I seen the new kids.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit for the awesometastic My Chemical Romance.