Every Rose Has Its Thorn

Just like every night has its dawn

It wasn’t supposed to happen this way. It was going to be, well it was supposed to be just one night thing. That’s it. Just a simple one night stand. An act of pure lust between two people.

But it turned into something more.

And night after night, he was coming back, knocking on the door like a beggar, softly, barely even touching the wood. And every night she would open the door for him, letting him inside.

But he didn’t wanted it to turn into anything other than this.

Like a little child who knows that eating candy before dinner is bad, but still does it, he would promise himself that this was the last time. And yet, there he was, lying naked on the cold sheets, windows open, wind creating a draught that messed up his already messed up hair.

He sighed and looked down at his naked body, disgust with himself, disgust with her. For she had the power to make him ran over his principles, his morals long forgotten the moment he stepped inside. His conscience lost in between the sheets of lust.

But the world was still existing outside. The world wasn’t going to wait for him to come to his senses.

And the Earth was still spinning. And night was slowly turning into dawn. The Sun washed away the darkness with its warm rays, melting the colors into one beautiful shade of infinity.

Next to him, lying naked, the girl opened her eyes.

He looked at her, blinked one time, two times, three times before reaching into the pocket of his jeans that lied next to the bed, reaching for a pack and a lighter. Without a word said he lit the white stick, inhaling the deadly smoke into his lungs, exhaling loudly creating a perfect circles in the air.

She looked at him, reaching out and taking the cigarette from his mouth, taking a drag herself. She thought that he would be pleased with her action, maybe even turned on. But he didn’t. She thought to herself about how much she didn’t knew about him.

He was just a name, and a great fuck.

Ryan Ross.

She didn’t knew who he was, just his name.

He licked his dry lips and ran a hand through his knotted hair, letting out a loud sigh escape his lips. He promised himself he won’t do it anymore, he won’t see her anymore. But she had the power over him, and he hated it. He hated the way she knew how to lurk him into this game. For him it was game. For her it was need. She needed him. She was addicted to him.

He lit another cigarette, blowing the smoke in perfect circles, one after another. Just enjoying the moment for himself.

The girl sat up and sub out the half smoked cigarette. Turning her body towards him, she looked at his eyes smiling. Thinking that she would get some sort of reaction from him. Maybe even turn him on. She sat on his naked lap, connecting her lips to the crock of his neck.

He grunted in response and pushed her away, cigarette still in between his teeth. She fell on the cold sheets, sighing loudly, before standing up and walking towards the window. He watched her, standing, wind playing with her hair and thinking how he hated everything she represented.

How he was happy at the beginning, how bored and annoyed he was as time passed by. Everything faded away, like an old picture, like a memory. It was just physical. And even that was no longer fun and satisfying.

In the ocean of the girls that passed through his life, she was just one, there were so many out there, so many girls he loved more that her. And yet he kept coming back to her. He hated the power she had over him.

The cigarette was smoked, the air was heavy and filthy.

He stood up, clothing himself, ready to leave. Ready to leave all of this shit behind. Ready to forget.

“If you hate me that much, why you keep coming every time you feel lonely?” She spoken the words, still standing next to the window, looking outside. “You hurt me every time you do that.”

“I'd rather hurt someone than hurt myself.” He responded and left the house. This time forever.

The wind blew harder, making him grip his jacket around him tighter. He put his hand into his pocket, grabbing the car keys.

The inside of the car was cold, but still warmer then outside. He put the key into the ignition and step on the pedal hard. He wanted to get out fastest as possible.

The Sun shone brighter, and he thought how beautiful it was. He looked up, forgetting that he was driving. A sudden scream, brakes pushed all the way down, tires screeching. His eyes went wide when he felt something hit his front bumper.

In a speed of light, he was out of the car, holding a small body in his lap. He picked it up, and gently placed it on the passenger seat. He searched for any sign of life, when a pair of big brown eyes looked up to him. And he smiled.

“What were you doing out there, little girl? You could have died.” He spoke slowly.

At his words, the small dog waved its tail and barked happily. And he smiled, starting the car once again, driving away into sunrise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are always appreciated