If I Die Tonight

Chapter 5

Slowly I awoke from my empty dreams full of nightmares of nothingness that horrified me to no end. My sleep was short and made me feel more exhausted than I was before I went to sleep. Some how, I knew I was stuck here to no end. No one would come looking for me. And maybe only three people cared.
I realized that, no matter how much I loved other people, no matter how much I tried to help them, they saw me as a stepping stool to get where they wanted to and nothing more. That was why I had no one to call me their friend. No one who would stick with me through thick and thin. No one who would miss me so much that they would cry at the ending of my existence. Did it really matter that I was trapped here?
But no! I could NOT let myself think like that! It was this darkness, this blacker than black lighting that made me think this way. I had things to live for, even if it was only for Mr. Tibbles! I would live for Mr Tibbles! I ached to think of his rotund belly growling with hunger. Would the ally cats near by be mean to him? I shuddered at the thought.
I had to keep my eyes closed to avoid seeing the monsters again, the horrors that somewhere in my mind deeply wanted to see as opposed to this nothingness that seemed to terrify me more.
I knew now, that I could move around as I pleased, but that didn't mean there was anything in this room for me to be able to see, to be able to take comfort in. I lay down on my back, and instead of the heat from my body sinking into the freezing cold concrete floor, the cold from the concrete seeped into my bones and chilled me, cooling me down almost to the temperature of the floor itself, not warming up in the least.
I sighed, terrified, but resigned to my dungeon, and wondering idly if there were anyway for me to escape, to see everyone I loved again. I felt like someone punched me in the chest as my heart finally awoke and began to ache for everyone I was leaving behind. Those two people and my cat.
I spread my arms out like I was making a snow angel and then I became aware that my hand bumped something, I reached for it in the dark and grabbed hold of it. It was a small cylinder shape. I picked it up to hold it in front of my face. I opened my eyes to see it but I could only see imaginary smoke curling around me so I closed them again. I brought the shape under my nose and sniffed it. Bread.
Of course! The bread roll the mean boy threw at me! The smell of the bread made my stomach come awake and realize it had been many hours since I had last eaten, days even! And my stomach began to growl furiously and with a painful pang began to twist and cramp itself from lack of food. I opened my eyes to eat out of force-of habit trying my best to ignore the imaginary snake crawling around my arm that I couldn't actually see and managed, just barely, not to shudder as I took a bite into the roll. It was still partially frozen and a bit stale but I ate it anyway, as fast as I could, ignoring the fact that it didn't actually feel comfortable in my stomach.
Halfway threw my roll, there was a loud clang that made me jump up and I was blinded by a light that was so painful to my eyes that shrieked and curled in upon myself, closing my eyes as tight as possible, since that was still painful I put my arm over my eyes, helping a small amount more. Suddenly there was a loud bang that hurt my suddenly sensitive ears and I opened my eyes to see who was there. I couldn't see in the dark though, my heart was beating a thousand miles a minute and I was shaking harder than a maraca at a festival.
A dark chuckle came from some where, chilling my soul. I was cold to a whole new level, I never realized it was possible. I knew that if I ever got out of this place, I would be immune to the cold of a New York winter. My head snapped towards the sound of the chuckle but then it was gone.
After a few minutes frozen in place, I thought maybe I had imagined it. But maybe not.
I heard it again from another direction. It made my heart stop cold.
Was I imagining things? Or was there someone in here? I heard a chuckle from another direction. Or was there more than one person here?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeeaahhhh.... I know where I want to go with this story I just have a hard time coming up with material for it because I lack motivation and believe someone who is a much better writer than I am should be writing it.
Anyways! Hope you enjoy! It's not all that great but please, feel free to read it anyway :D
From Niamh,
With Love
xxx