Forgotten Faces

Aimee

I stared at the ceiling above me. I didn't even bother to pay attention to the teacher. I knew exactly what she was talking about. I knew everything on the subject she was talking about. She knew that too, which is why she put me in the back of the class.

I was an expert at Chemistry. Everything in the textbook made perfect sense to me. No need for me to even study for this class. Everything was far too easy for me.

I looked at my backpack. Everything was boring to me right now, and I wanted nothing more than for something to happen right now. I didn’t want anything like what happened in gym, but I wanted something to capture my attention for a minute or two at least.

I was finally bored with everything that was happening in this class. Nothing was catching my attention for too long right now. The teacher was boring me. The kids in this class weren’t doing anything. All of them were paying perfect attention the lecture.

I raised my hand, and I winced. Gosh, it sure hurt. He made sure of that, didn’t he? He was the devil himself. I swore he had to be. Who else could do this to another person? No one but the devil, right?

“Yes, Adriana?” the teacher said. “Can I go to the bathroom?” I asked. She just nodded her head, and then she went back to lecturing everyone else in the classroom, who were all furiously taking notes.

I made my way down the hallway, taking my time. I decided that I would walk around two hallways, and then I would go right back to Chemistry. I mean, it’s not like I had anything better to do with my time right now, right?

I walked slowly passed the many lockers. I sighed.

I couldn’t believe what I let happen just today. I was so stupid. I couldn’t believe that he would even attempt doing that to me though. He shouldn’t have done that to me. We were in school for Heaven’s sake!

But I guess nothing really mattered to him anyways.

I finally made it to the bathroom, deciding I should at least check it out. I hurried into one of the stalls, and I lifted my shirt up. I hissed as the fabric brushed against it.

I let one of my fingers trace it, and I felt my tears burning my eyes. I was so very stupid. Why couldn’t I do anything right?

“Why are those there?”

I shoved my shirt down, causing me to whimper.

The fabric hurt so much against my skin. It felt like it was sand paper or something. I just wanted to scream out in pain right now. But that would’ve caused a scene, I’m sure.

I looked up quickly, and I could’ve puked right then and there. There was a girl staring down at me. She had a wide grin on her face.

Who was she? I honestly didn’t think I could handle anymore weird girls on my case right now. If there were anymore girls anything like that Caitlin girl, I wanted absolutely nothing to do with them.

Who knew what girls like that could do to girls like me? I was leaning more towards making me go insane honestly.

She had dark brown hair with some blond in the mix of it all. Her eyes were shimmering down at me. One of them seemed to be hazel, while the other looked more of a chocolate brown.

“So you did that,” she asked me.

I glared at her. She had no right to be spying on me! What the hell was she thinking? She was probably standing on a toilet seat, peeking on me!

“What are you doing?” I asked. I managed to hold in my anger, hoping that she would shrug me off. It’s not like that was a relatively hard thing to do, especially if it was me.

“I was just checking up on you. I saw you in the hallway. I thought you were crying or something, so I followed you.” she said.

So now I have a stalker too? I know I was asking for something to happen, but I was hoping it would something rather normal. Maybe a fire alarm would go off… something to that effect. Getting a stalker was never really on my to get list.

“Well, I’m fine. You can get back to whatever class you came from,” I hissed.

I opened the stall door, going to the sink. I washed my hands, and I heard the girl open and close her stall door as well.

“I don’t think you’re fine at all,” she said. I looked over my shoulder, staring at her. She didn’t know me at all. So why was she suddenly deciding for me, when I was and wasn’t fine?

“Well, I am.” I muttered. She shrugged.

“I have this as a free period. Do you want to talk?” she asked. I shook my head.

There was nothing to talk about, and I honestly didn’t want to talk to girls who I didn’t know. Why were all these girls suddenly popping up now? It was like they were all taunting me all of a sudden now.

“If I wanted to talk, I would talk to my friends, not you,” I said quickly.

I almost laughed at myself. I didn’t have any friends. Well, I didn’t have any friends that would be interested what came out of my mouth. My “friends” just liked to sit there, saying absolutely nothing to each other. We were only pity friends really.

The girl looked down at the ground. She was shuffling her feet around, and it was as if she was trying to think of something to say to me right now. Of course, I didn’t want to give her enough time to say anything to me though.

I turned the sink off, and then I grabbed some paper towels. I threw them away quickly, and I made my way out of the bathroom. Leaving her in there was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

As soon as my thoughts went back to Justin, I felt someone grab my wrist. I looked back to see the same girl from the bathroom. She had a small smile on her lips.

“Look, I know I must sound annoying right now, but I just want to make sure that you’re okay. I don’t like it, when people look as sad as you look right now,” she said.

I stared at her. What did she really want from me?

“And I think I should apologize on my friends’ behalf. I know they were very annoying. I didn’t have to be there to know that. They both need to learn that people need their space,” she said.

Who were her friends?

“I need my space right now, if you don’t mind.” I said softly. She bit down on her lip.

“Just tell me one thing please,” she begged. I stared at her. She looked sincere at least.

“You didn’t do that to yourself, right?” she asked.

I shook my head, deciding to at least give her that.

Of course I didn’t. Why would I put myself through this much pain? I would’ve loved it, if I never had any of that on my body.

She sighed deeply. “Good,” she said happily. She gave me a soft smile, before she let go of my wrist.

“The name’s Aimee. I already know your name, Adriana.” She said happily.

I did not like other people knowing my name, before I knew theirs. It kind of crept me out honestly. Why would she need to know my name anyways? It’s not like I even knew who she was. Or why she was talking to me in the first place really.

“Cat and Josie meant well though. They were just checking you out for Matt really,” she said. I raised an eyebrow.

Why was everything about Matt now? I ditch school one day with the boy, and now all these girls keep talking to me. It was rather annoying, if you asked me. Why couldn’t they just mind their own business?

“I don’t need any checking up on, especially if it’s for Matt.” I mumbled. She smiled at me.

“That’s what Matt said.”
♠ ♠ ♠
There's Mattie's update. Sorry he wasn't really in this chapter. Tell me how you like Aimee. She's my bestest reader ever.