Forgotten Faces

Thinking

I happily went through Chemistry. Okay, maybe not happily, but I was certainly thinking better.

Matt was going to visit. He wanted to see me. That's all that went through my mind as the teacher just went on about how the different smells had different configurations.

I just wrote all over my notebook, trying to get Matt out of my head. I ended up doing the Chemistry's homework, and Matt was still in my head.

Was this what it was like to have a crush on someone? Would he really be on my mind for this long of a time? Would he be the only thing I wanted to think about?

I honestly just wanted to skip to the end of the day, so I could just see him.

That one little thought made me blush.

I would get to see him. I would get to see his happy face again. I could see that shining lip ring that intrigued me so much.

"Adriana, would you mind explaining where the neutrons, protons, and electrons chose to be inside of an atom?" the teacher asked me, breaking me away from my pleasant thoughts.

"The electrons are outside of the the nucleus, the protons and neutrons are inside of the nucleus." I said.

I didn't even bother to stutter or think. I knew the answer, and I had to show her that I was capable of learning with or without her help.

"I'm happy that you know the answer, but I'd prefer it, if you were paying attention to me." she said.

She was obviously angry, so I just decided that I would do as she said. Or rather, I tried to do as she said.

I watched her every movement, but my ears didn't hear a word she said. My mind was focused on Matt way too much to ever pay attention to someone else.

Soon Chemistry was over with, and I practically ran out of the room. I made my way to the library, and I began to silently pray that Justin would pop out of nowhere yet again.

I was actually able to study quite well in the library. Of course, the number one thing that was on my mind was Matt.

I began to wonder about small and insignificant details about him. I began to wonder if he ever thought of me in the same way as I was doing. I began to wonder why he ever did tackle Justin down.

Did Matt ever think that I was cute? Did he ever wonder if I was thinking about him?

Was he just as nervous as I was right now, knowing that we would see each other so soon? Was he wondering what he looked like? Was he trying to re-do his hair?

Or did guys even think like that?

I shook my head.

Was I really thinking about such things? I needed to get back to reality here. I was the girl no one wanted, and it was going to stay that way for as long as air went through my lungs. Matt was someone that was just surrounded by friends. He was the completely opposite of me.

I was just setting myself up for disaster, if I kept on thinking this way. Matt was never going to be anything more than someone that saved me. That's it.

He was someone that I was latching myself onto, hoping that I would someday become someone of importance to him. I must've gone crazy because that was implausible.

There was no knight in shining armor for me. I wasn't some princess that didn't know she was one. Those were silly to even think of at this point and time.

"Get a grip," I muttered.

I wasn't thinking straight here. Matt was someone that was nothing like me. Surely, he had the looks to draw many beautiful girls to him.

Surely, he couldn't be thinking of someone like me. I was crazy. I've gone insane now. That's it. It had to be it.

There was no other reason why I'd be giving myself false hope. It was the only reason that I would give myself such a reason as sad as this one.

The bell rang, telling me that fourth period had arrived now.

Math just went by as quick as I thought it would. Math was just as easy as Chemistry was. Both were subjects that I rarely would ever study for.

I began very sad because of that fact because it only led to me thinking more about Matt.

Each thought was more sad and useless as the one before it. This was getting boring even for me. I really began to hope that something would pop in my head, something that would make me forget all about Matt.

Well, forget him until I had to go see him. No, that doesn't sound right. That sounded like I was being forced to see him. I couldn't wait honestly, but I didn't want to say that out loud.

I would've been taken for some sort of stalker, I'm sure.

The rest of the day passed by rather slowly with me thinking so much. Now I was just worried about seeing Matt.

I knew I was bound to do something rather incredibly stupid.
♠ ♠ ♠
So well, I hated this chapter. I thought it was a tad boring, but whatever. Tell me how you felt about it.