Forgotten Faces

Silly Girl

I stared down at my hands. I didn't want to be here. I wanted to be with Matt.

Matt.

He was the only thing that was ever on my mind. I couldn't get him off of my mind. Matt's hair, Matt's dimple's, Matt's smile- those were the things that flooded my thoughts.

I looked up to the dance floor. Old couples were dancing together. First Suite in E Flat was being played. It was Chaconne.

How I loved the intro.

I tapped my foot to the rhythm of the song. It was started off as a slow song, but it always made me extremely happy, when the woodwinds came in.

The soft sixteenth notes just made me smile softly. The oboes and the clarinets were always my favorite.

As the song progressed, I smiled ever more. The runs were so perfect. Sixteenth note after sixteenth note was just so superb.

The little solos in the song came in and out seamlessly.

"Enjoying the music," someone asked. I looked to my right and smiled.

"Of course, Father," I said. "They are rather good." he said.

Hit one.

I didn't play the piano anymore.

I waited for the verbal attack to come at me. I didn't need to wait very long.

"I do wish you would've kept on playing some instrument, darling." he said.

I frowned.

"I'm sorry, Father." I whispered. "No need to apologize," he muttered.

Hit two

I was too passive.

"You were always one to apologize, when it wasn't needed," he mumbled.

I nodded silently. I didn't want anything else to be said, but I could feel that he had one more up his sleeve.

Hit three

I wasn't fighting back.

"Really now, Adriana, you could try to stand up for yourself for once," he said.

He got up and left.

"Yes, Father," I whispered.

I knew he wouldn't have heard me, but I always felt the need to be polite to him. He was my father. He was the one who provided me with everything I've ever needed.

I couldn't be rude to him. It would be wrong of me.

But my heart was hurting so.

I stood up, straightened my dress out, and I walked out of the hall.

As soon as I got out of the building, I could feel the pressure and stress slowly drain out.

I sighed deeply, and I felt the tears brimming. I chuckled softly.

"I'm so pathetic," I whispered.

I closed my eyes, causing the tears to fall down my cheeks.

I quickly opened my eyes, and I found a curb to sit down at. I sat there for what seemed like forever.

I was waiting. I was waiting for my Prince Charming to save me yet again.

My hair was done. I was wearing heels. I was in an expensive dress.

So where was my Prince Charming?

"Adriana?"

I turned around quickly, desperately hoping for Matt.

It wasn't Matt.

"Hello, Brian." I said softly. I gave him a weak smile.

I barely knew this man, so I wasn't exactly thrilled to see him.

He gave me a big smile though.

"Did your parents force you to come too?" He asked. I nodded slowly.

"Nice dress," he said. "I love the tux on you," I said.

It was really nice on him. It was a nice change from trashed jeans.

"So why are you crying?" he asked. "I'm not," I said quickly.

I stood up and looked at him.

"I'll see you at school then," he said. I nodded.

As soon as I got to the door, I felt someones hand on my shoulder.

I turned to see Brian.

"Be happy," he said, smiling. "I'll try to," I whispered.

I walked away from him, and I found my parents. They were happily drinking and talking to their friends.

I sat there in silence, not being talked to once. I wasn't even mentioned or looked at. I was almost a piece of furniture to these people.

I frowned slightly.

I looked around the hall, desperately looking for something, anything. The only thing I found was Brian.

I bit down on my bottom lip.

I got up, causing my mother's eyes to stare at me. I sat back down.

I couldn't have talked to him, I guess. I was being silly.

I was such a silly, silly girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really missed writing for Matt. So I expect comments! ;]