Forgotten Faces

Appealing

I wasn't very willing, but Matt and I ended up having a swinging competition. We did the whole who could go higher for quite some time, before it moved onto who could jump off farther than the other. It was actually a lot more entertaining than I had anticipated it to be.

I honestly couldn't believe that I did it at all. I was generally so reserved when it came to anything like this, but there was a special spark in Matt that caused me to act out of character. It was almost addicting.

I had already jumped off and was waiting to see how far Matt would make it. My fists were clenched tightly unsure of myself suddenly.

What was I doing? What was I thinking?

I needed to be at school. I needed to be in my place as a student and obedient daughter. I wasn't supposed to be hanging out with some boy. I should leave.

Before I had time to think, say, or do anything more, Matt had jumped off his swing. Unfortunately for me he ended up crashing into me. I could tell that he tried to swerve and avoid me, but it wasn't enough.

We both hit the ground, and he was on top of me awkwardly. We almost made a 't' with his body being the crossing.

I groaned finally as my body registered what had happened. I growled a little when I heard Matt chuckling.

I was in pain, and he was laughing. I wanted nothing more than to throw something that outweighed him on top of him, squishing the life out of him.

He was laughing at my misery.

"Stop laughing and get off of me," I grumbled. Sadly it seemed my growling around just caused Matt to laugh more at me.

I tried shoving him off of me as I grew impatient with him. I knew I wasn't strong enough to quite do it alone, and Matt helped and tried to hold in his chuckles.

"I'm sorry, Adriana. I really didn't think I was going to hit you. I was only trying to push you slightly or scare you," he said with a huge grin plastered on his face.

I rolled my eyes as I dusted myself off, trying to hold in any more hidden insults for him. I stood up and decided that I would forgive his little mistake.

"It's fine," I muttered turning away from Matt.

I had just realized that Matt was on top of me. The position wasn't quite one to cause embarrassment like this, but I was fazed by it. Matt was on top of me. Our bodies were touching for a period of time.

For some reason I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks, and I wanted nothing more to do than run away from him. I didn't need him seeing this. I was being a dumb girl.

I felt some sort of relief as I heard Matt jump back on the swing. I made myself relax, and I turned back in his direction.

I was surprised to see everyone from Matt's group jumping over the brick wall into the park.

I couldn't decide if I liked that they had magically showed up. Now Matt and I weren't alone, but was that entirely a good thing? I wasn't sure.

I had to admit that I did like time with Matt somewhat. He was very interesting to me, and I could listen to him speak for hours. Or at least I thought I could. Then again I wasn't sure if he and I should have been left alone.

I didn't know what he would make me feel in the end.

Aimee ran straight for me, making me feel a bit relieved. I did like this girl. I was able to openly admit that one.

She seemed considerate, and she obviously tried to tone down her crazy actions for me. I felt like she would be the one I got along with the best besides Matt himself.

"Did you have fun with Matt today," she asked nudging me.

I brushed her elbow off of me, and I groaned.

I knew that I wasn't exactly pleasant company, and it was hard to be that nice girl sometimes. It was an extra effort for me.

"It was fine," I said softly.

Aimee gave me this grin that caused blood to rush onto my face. She was suggesting that something happened.

"N-nothing happened," I retorted. She rolled her eyes at me.

"What did you and Mattie do today," Cat yelled running up to us.

I groaned.

Did I have to explain the same thing over and over to each individual in this group? That would be agonizing for me. Why couldn't they just get over the fact that nothing happened.

"Calm down, Cat. She said nothing happened, so nothing happened." Aimee explained. I would have thanked her, but she sounded a bit sarcastic.

Cat eyed me for a bit, before she shrugged it off.

"If she says so," she purred.

I rolled my eyes, deciding not to bother convincing anyone anymore. Why wasn't Matt here to try to say the same thing?

I looked over at the others, who seemed to be joking around. I wondered if they were all talking about Matt and I or if they had another conversation going on.

I didn't want to jump to conclusions that everyone thought Matt and I were flirting or something. That seemed almost shallow to assume that I was on their minds. I wasn't that interesting or hardly that mysterious.

"Hey guys," Josie whispered as she walked over.

"Josie, don't you think that Mattie and Adri over here would make the most fucking adorable couple you have ever laid on eyes on?" Cat announced loudly.

I almost died from embarrassment, and I was hoping that no one else but us heard her.

Before Josie even opened her mouth, Cat cut her off.

"Scratch that, Josie. Don't you think that Mattie and Adri would make the second most fucking adorable couple you have ever laid on eyes on? You know because Zacky and myself are the first of course." She ranted.

Josie tried speaking once more, and Cat once again interrupted her.

"I think that they would make cute babies too! Although they're still in high school, so no babies on my watch, Adriana!" Cat went on.

"While they would be very cute together, Cat, we mustn't push them together." Aimee said finally.

Cat groaned and went on some more about how she would eventually get us together. Aimee told me to ignore her and that she was sorry. I didn't say anything.

After the initial meeting up was done and over with, we all headed back inside Matt's house. His parents were apparently out of town, and he completely forgot about it.

"We should do something crazy," Jimmy announced.

I didn't bother talking to anyone really. I found a comfortable spot on a bean bag chair, and I just observed everyone. They were a rowdy bunch, and it was somewhat not annoying half the time for me.

"Look I'm not throwing a party, guys! I don't wanna be cleaning up a mess for two days before my parents come home yet again. None of you even helped out a little," Matt grumbled.

Everyone laughed at him, causing him to rant even more about how useless they were and how he didn't even have fun at the last one.

"But it's okay now, dude! We'll help out; I promise." Brian urged. "Bro, it'll be awesome. I can get all the booze, and we'll spread the news starting tonight," Zacky added.

"Not to mention that Adriana would probably help out with the cleaning this time around," Cat said playfully.

I glared at her.

I most certainly would not. I would not even attend this party. If I wasn't going, why would I even clean it up? Why was she volunteering me for this? Why didn't they just help him themselves?

"Yeah! We gotta get the new girl acquainted with what we do!" Jimmy shouted.

I shook my head.

"No, I won't be going to any party. I do have rules you know," I argued. "Rules are meant to be broken," Matt said smirking.

Jimmy jumped up from his seat.

"We got him," he yelled.

I already knew that I wouldn't be going to this party. I never went to one before, and I wasn't going to start anytime soon. There was nothing for me to do at a party. I would be bored, irritated, and annoyed. Parties weren't my thing.

I stood up and walked to the kitchen for a cup of water. I could still hear the boys going on about how awesome this party was going to be.

"Do you really not want to come to the party?"

I turned to see Matt. He had a small smile on his lips. Those lips.

I bit down on my lower lip.

"I just don't know what this party has to offer me. I won't be drinking or doing anything else." I muttered.

"If anything just come to see me then," he urged.

I sighed.

I was intrigued by Matt, but it wasn't enough for me to go to some high school party. It really wasn't.

"No, I can't." I said firmly.

Matt walked over to me, and he leaned on the kitchen counter. He swung his legs lightly as he stared at me, causing me to feel a little nervous.

I felt the blush a little too late this time, and it made him smile even bigger.

"You really are a very funny girl, Adriana. I like you a lot as a person. You're great, which is why I'll need you as entertainment for this party. I won't even drink or do anything. I'll just hang out with you," he said.

Honestly his pleading didn't sway me too much.

"I know that it really isn't your thing, but I think you should try something new."

I stopped listening to his argument for me to go, and I started thinking about how much Matt's affected me thus far.

Not too long ago he was just the cute guy that I somewhat found attractive. Then somehow he transformed into this interesting character that I wanted to listen speak. Finally he beat up my brother. He was more than intriguing. He was starting to be quite appealing to me.

"I'll change my answer to maybe," I whispered.

"Yes," Matt shouted jumping off the counter.

I wasn't sure what the party would be like, but I don't think I'd have as mind around Matt.