Teenage Lust or Lifetime Love

Chapter 1

Walking up the stairs, Frank’s heart beating fast in his chest. Every beat sounding like the flap of butterfly wings, the wings of a butterfly trapped in a glass flapping furiously to try and escape. He knocks on the door instinctively holds his breath; you never know what’s going to happen when you walk into Gerard’s room. Finally he reaches the door; he raises his right arm and taps gently on the solid wood.
“Come in.” Gerard’s smooth voice travels through the door.
Frank pushes down the handle and enters the room; Gerard looks up at his friend from the sketchbook his head was buried in moments ago.
“Frankie.” He says, with a hint of relief in his voice. He smiles at Frank, a real smile, not one of those smiles he uses to make the rest of the world think he’s okay, before standing up and hugging him.

“How’re you today?” Frank asks him, he’s not really sure why as he saw Gerard about an hour ago at school.
“I’m alright Frankie. I really don’t wanna do that fucking English assignment though.” Frank laughs.
“I’ll help you honey. We all know I’m a whiz at English.” Frank replies and Gerard laughs.
“You’re the only person that calls me honey you know.” Frank smiles at him.
“What does that matter?”
“Everyone else just thinks I’m a faggot.” Frank gasps.
“Don’t say that about yourself Gee.” He says softly, subconsciously touching his friend’s arm.
“Frank, you’re gay too aren’t you?” he asks. Frank is gay, he just hasn’t told Gerard because Frank has feelings for him.
“Yeah Gee, I am.” Frank replies calmly, feeling better that it’s out in the open
“Why didn’t you tell me before?” He look into Gerard’s eyes: he looks so hurt.
“I just, there wasn’t really a time to tell you. With you, everyone sort of just knew.” He smiles at Frank and nods, placing his hand over Frank’s already on Gerard’s arm.
“I know Frankie, does anyone else know?” Frank shake my head and Gerard hugs him again. “You mean the world to me Frankie, you’re the best friend I’ve ever had. I’m always here if you talk.”
“I know.” Frank says quietly.

********

Frank jumps and clings to him Gerard. Both boys watch, as the main character is sliced open, from throat to stomach. Frank begins to heave as blood pours out of them and all over the white carpet on the screen. Quickly Frank runs to Gee’s ensuite and leans over the toilet bowl, closing his eyes and resting his head on his arms.
“Frankie, are you okay?” Gerard calls out from outside the door.
“Yes Gee, I’m fine honestly.”
“No you’re not. I’m coming in.”
“Okay.” Frank doesn’t try to argue, he wants Gerard’s company.

Slowly he opens the door and walks over to Frank, resting a hand gently on his back rubbing deliberate circles as he sits down on the edge of the bath.
“Was it the film?” He asks and Frank nods. “Why’d you let me put it on then?”
“Because you like it.” Frank says simply and he feels Gerard stop rubbing his back for a moment, and then continuing as before.
“Yeah, but I don’t want to make you sick.” Gerard replies and Frank smiles, now moving so that he’s sitting on the floor looking at Gerard, Frank’s back leant against the toilet.
“I’ll be alright.” Frank says weakly and he giggles slightly.
“C’mere.” Gerard orders, helping Frank up from the floor then hugging him. Suddenly he picks Frank up bridal style and carries him to his bed. He drops Frank on it, and both of the teenage boys collapse into fits of giggles.
“You’re feeling better then?” Gerard asks, as they both regain their composure.
“A little.”

After about 5 minutes, the boys have cartoons on, the really crap ones late at night on sky, both of them lying in his bed. Frank is falling to sleep but he forces himself awake, only to see Gerard looking at him with a triumphant smile on his face.
“Here.” Gerard says and gets off the bed and pulling the covers back for Frank to get under them. “You sleep in here, I’ll take the floor.”
“No Gee, every time I stay we have this argument, I’ll take the floor I’m smaller than you.”
“Yeah, that’s because you’re short.” Frank pouts playfully at his friend. “You’re a guest, you get the bed.” Frank sighs, almost defeated.
“Well, your bed’s big enough for two. Why don’t we both sleep in it?” Frank is feeling stupid for suggesting it, whilst Gerard wouldn’t like anything more than to fall asleep with his long-term best friend.
“Only if you don’t mind.”
“Of course I don’t mind!” Frank says throwing a pillow at him.

10 minutes later and they’re both lying in bed in their pyjamas; Gerard’s just turned the lights out and the television off. Frank’s struggling to get comfy so he keeps turning over.
“Frankie?” Gerard whispers.
“Yeah?” Frank whispers back.
“Stay still.”
Frank lies still for as long as he can, which is really only a couple of minutes before he has to turn over again. Gerard ignores him, and Frank knows if he turn over again then Gerard is going to say something. Frank waits a couple more minutes before he has to turn over again.
“Frankie?” Gerard whispers again.
“Yeah?” he replies, biting his lip.
“Can I hold you?” Gerard’s voice is barely audible but Frank hears it.
“Sure you can.” Frank says back, equally as quiet as he moves closer to Gerard, who wraps his arms around Frank. Both boys fall asleep with a smile on their faces that night.

----------
So is this worth continuing?
Comment me and let me know.
<3