Teenage Lust or Lifetime Love

Chapter 4

“Franklin! You are a disgrace to this family! Linda, what have you done to the boy?”
“Pam, he’s happy. Doesn’t that mean anything to you.”
“No! Not if being a faggot makes him happy.”
“Don’t call him that!” Linda, Peter (Frank’s dad) and Gerard shout at once.
“I’ll call him what I like for being such a disgrace.” Pam says, looking at Frank in disgust.
“Not if you want to stay in my house you won’t.” Peter says sternly and she flinches.
“Fine. I’m not staying here then. Linda you wait till Mum hears about this.” Pam threatens her sister.
“She already knows Pamela.” Linda states before turning her back, walking out the room and returning with Pam’s bags that haven’t even been unpacked yet.
“Go. Now.” Linda orders and her sister looks at her, open mouthed. She leaves though, her head held high.

When she’s gone Frank turns to his mum, with his head down.
“Mum, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know she’d react that badly.”
“I warned you Frank! I told you not to be in her face.”
“I know.” Frank mumbled. Linda turned towards Gerard.
“Can you guys go to your house for a while?” She asks him.
“Yeah course we can.”
“Frank. Go to Gerard’s, I’m going to try and see if any of the family are still talking to me.” Frank nods and hugs his mother before leaving the house.
“I’m sorry.” He mumbles.

“Frankie, it’ll be alright you know.” Gee says, taking hold of the boys hand. Frank mumbles something incoherent and the boys carry on walking to Gerard’s house. Frank is feeling extremely guilty right now, he knows that he should have kissed Gerard in front of his aunt like he did, especially after what his mum had told him. Gerard doesn’t really know what to feel, he’s kind of stuck in somebody else’s family problems. Although it’s his boyfriend’s family problems, so it’s not too bad. Like Frank, Gerard isn’t used to calling him boyfriend, and he smiles to himself.

“What’re you smiling at?” Frank asks him, and Gerard smiles again.
“You’re my boyfriend.”
“Well done Einstein. Next week we’ll move on to colours.” Gerard laughs and hits Frank playfully.
“Do you have to be so sarcastic?”
“Yes. Yes I do.” Frank replies. “Hey, seen as you’re my boyfriend?”
“Yeah?” Gerard answers questioningly.
“Can I do this?”
“Wha-” He’s cut off by Franks lips being attached to his own, his tongue gliding skilfully into and out of Gerard’s mouth. And as suddenly as he had kissed Gerard, Frank pulls away.
“What was that for?” Gerard asks him.
“Boyfriend’s privileges.” Frank states before they continue to walk to Gerard’s.

Smiling Gerard opens the door to his house, and they enter hand in hand with Donna smiling at them when she saw them. Gerard makes Frank coffee and they take it to his room, both sitting on the floor their hands wrapped around their mugs. Without thinking about it Frank places a hand on Gerard’s knee, and they both smile. Neither of them are really sure why. Just because they are both happy they assume.

Half an hour later they are one quarter of the way through the English assignment Frank promised to help Gerard with. They’re both laying on their fronts with their exercise books in front of them, scribbling away writing an analysis on a poem by Wilfred Owen.
“I write poetry you know.” Gerard says suddenly, he’s always wanted to show Frank his poetry but didn’t really know how to. Now the opportunity has come he doesn’t want to miss it. However he’s already beginning to regret saying anything, what if Frank doesn’t like it? What if Frank thinks that poetry is rubbish?
“Really?”
“Yeah.”
“Will you show me some?”
“If you promise not to laugh, then yes.” Frank promises, and Gerard says that he will show it to him when they have finished their essays.

An hour later and Gerard is finished, he looks up at Frank working and realises that he is nowhere near finished. He doesn’t know how he does it, but Frank manages to find meanings behind metaphors that nobody seems to have seen before. And in essays like this one, Frank can write double the amount of anybody in class. He seems to just know what he’s doing he doesn’t even have to read it over. He always does though, just in case there is something he has missed or misspelled.

Gerard decides that making coffee is the best thing to do, because there isn’t anything more useful he can do. Disturbing his boyfriend would just mean it took him longer to finish. Walking down the stairs Gerard notices his mother on the phone; dismissing it he walks into the kitchen to make the coffee. Just before the water has finished boiling, his mum walks in looking extremely upset.

“Linda was on the phone.” She states, and Gerard looks down ashamed. Even though he knows he has nothing to be ashamed of.
“Oh right.”
“None of her family will talk to her Gerard? I mean how horrible is that? I’ve told her that Frank can stay here for a while.”
“Really?” Gerard asks, losing his feelings of shame and guilt.
“Yes. I think Linda wants to spend some time alone. At least she doesn’t blame poor Frankie. Go and get some clothes with him when you’ve had that coffee will you?”
“Yeah mum.” Is all Gerard says before sprinting off up the stairs to tell Frank the news.

When he walks into the room, Gerard sees that Frank is finished so he walks over to him. Straddling Franks back, so Gerard is sitting on Franks bum. He giggles for a moment before greeting him.
“So.” Gerard says.
“So?”
“You’re staying here for a while.” Gerard says and Frank looks at him shocked.
“What? Why?” After seeing the hurt look on Gerard face Frank quickly adds. “Not that I don’t want to but there must be a reason.”
“It seems that your mum’s family aren’t too happy about me and you. None of them will talk to her, she just wants some time on her own for a few days.”
“Oh.” Frank says, feeling a little unwanted. Unloved by his own mother, why would she just make him stay out for a few days? Surely she wanted him gone then? Gerard moves closer to Frank.
“Baby, she still loves you and accepts you and wants you. It’s just a big thing to come to terms with.”
“I guess.” Is all he says before finishing his coffee and reluctantly walking to his own house with Gerard.

-----
As promised, a little drama.
Although I'm rapidly going off of this story.
And it's definately not my best.
If you want me to continue, then let me know.
If you don't then I wont. =]