Status: Completed

You Belong With Me

Brotherly Love

“She's...her and Paul are...”

“Yeah...”

“Why didn't you tell me?” I demand. Jacob's sister Rachael is going to visit from collage.

“I didn't want to upset you...I'm not too proud of it myself.”

“Paul imprinted on your sister Jake...When?”

“Last year. She was visiting and Paul saw her on the beach.”

I don't know what to say. Rachael walks in and smiles, hugging her dad happily. Her long dark hair is flowing freely over her russet colored shoulders. She is wearing a light blue tank top and white shorts with flowery flip-flops on her feet. “Hi Jacob, where's Paul?”

He rolls his eyes. “He's out with his mom but he can't wait to see you. I'm sure he'll be here sooner or later, hopefully later.”
“Don't be an ass.”

“Bitch.”

“You two stop it right now!” Billy yells from his wheelchair. She sighs and tosses her hair back. Her eyes finally settle on me and I blush self-consciouslly.

“Are you going to introduce us Jacob?” Rachael asks.

“Umm...yeah, this is my...my friend Dakota.”

“Dakota...Larson?”

“Technically it's Swan now but yeah.”

“What is he doing here?”

“He lives with his stepdad, Charlie. And he's my friend so you better be nice to him or I swear-”

“Settle down,” his dad warns.

Rachael walks to her room and shuts the door. “I have to go out to the store.Will you behave while I'm gone?”

“We're fine dad.”

“I mean it, stop arguing with your sister!”

“Okay!”

He leaves. I wrap my arms around my boyfriend in attempt to calm him down. He smiles at me, making me smile too. “I love you,” I half whisper.

“I love you too.”

We kiss. He hesitates before kissing me back, looking into my eyes. Then our lips collide again and I pull him closer to me, pressing our bodies together. He wraps his strong arms around my waist and we make out.

“What the hell?” Rachael is standing in the doorway staring at us with wide eyes of suprise.

Jacob pulls away from me so quickly that I almost fall on the floor. “I...It's not what it looks like.”

“What do you mean Jacob? You were kissing him! I saw you! You're gay!”

“I'm not...”

“Is that why you're so mean to me? It's because you're jealous that Paul imprinted on me?”

“No! Hell no! Rachael I'm not jealous of you! I...I imprinted on someone already.”

“What?”

“I imprinted on Dakota!”

“But he's a boy!”

“I know....”

I shiver.

“Does dad know?”

“Yes, he does.”

“What does he think? What does Paul think? I mean Sam has to-”

“Dad is okay with it. Paul knows Dakota is part of our pack. We are family. He is my brother and wether he likes it or not, now so is Dakota. He respects that. Sam actually thinks it's good so you can just stop yourself right now.”

I shudder and Jacob looks at me. I start to tremble. He turns back to his sister. “You're upsetting him.”

“I don't care! What makes you think I care about him? His father betrayed us. He-”

“He isn't his father and you should care about him! If dad heard you he'd never let you see Paul again! Dakota is part of this family now. I love him. So don't you ever day anything mean about him again!”

I am shaking too much so I go outside. The sky is gray and it's starting to rain. I sit on a rock and cry. Jacob walks out and tries to hug me but I pull away from him. I take off my wet shirt and shoes. I let myself phase. Jacob phases and tries to comfort me but I whimper and paw at the ground. 'C'mon, let's go' Jake tells me and I slowly follow him into the woods.

'What the hell happened man?' Quil asks.

Jacob explains. I lay on my stomach and put my paws over my face, whimpering. Paul and Quil start arguing. Sam tries to help me. 'Dakota, it's alright now. We handled everything. She's not going to hurt you anymore.'

'Jake...' I climb to my feet, my fur wet and muddy.

'Its okay. No one is going to hurt you. My sister isn't going to be upset at you anymore. She understands. Paul talked to her.'

I hadn't even noticed that Paul had gone.

'I love you Dakota.'

'Here' Quil hands me a blanket. He is now wearing a tan pair of shorts. I go behind some trees and phase back. I wrap the blanket around me tightly. Jacob is dressed now. He pulls me into his arms and holds me tight.