Status: Completed

You Belong With Me

Volturi

We stand in a clearing in the woods. The cullens stand in front of us. Renesmee is far away in a secret place thanks to Edward. Esme is with her. The Volturi are grouped together all wearing black robes though the sky is gray and the light isn't shining. “Step forward child,” Aro beckons with his white hand. I hesitantly move forward past the cullens. Jacob stands in a crouched position near me, growling and shivering.

And then suddenly marcus gasps, his eyes getting wide. He moves quickly to Aro and whispers something. Aro looks intrigued. “You,” he poins at Jacob. “You imprinted on him.”

Everyone shifts uncomfortably. “C'mere. I won't hurt you.”

Jacob growls again, shuddering. I step forward. He puts a cold hand on my forehead. I can see him going through every thought I have ever had. He slows down when he gets to things about the pack but I pull away and scream with my hands on my head “NO!”

My eyes are closed and I fall to my knees. One of the other vampires yanks me to my feet again and I hear Jacob cursing at them. “Filthy mother fucking blood suckers if you hurt him I'm going to rip you all to shreds. I swear to god-”

Aro skips the pack secrets for now and moves on to my relationship with Jacob. He slows down, carefully sifting through my intimate thoughts. He knows we had sex.

He picks at my insecurities. My lack of self confidence for the being small wolf in the pack, the gay one, the one who can't control their phasing. How I have a traitor dad....

And then he's back to the pack secrets. He can have my secrets if he wants but he isn't getting anything that endangers the ones I care about. “NOOOOO!” I scream. I use all my strength to push Aro off of me. I shudder violently. Jacob phases beside me and grows loudly. Alice grabs me and tells me to calm down. I try my best.

“You've broken the treaty in every way. I will not condone this type of behavior,” Aro says. “The trouble makers will just have to die. Jacob black, Bella Swan, Edward Cullen, and Dakota.”

“Aro!” Carlisle steps forward.

“Carlisle. It's been so long.”

“Yes it has,” Carlisle talks like they are old friends. “What is the harm in this? The treaty was made by the quileutes because we were hunting on their land. We aren't hunting on their land. If they want to lift the treaty then why shouldn't they?”

Aro ponders this. “For now I will leave the treaty alone. You will be monitored. If problems arise we will be back and we won't be leaving. Do you all understand?”

We all agree and they leave. I am shivering uncontrollably. Jacob disappears behind the quileutes and when he emerges he has on a pair of shorts. Leah makes Alice let go of my arm. I fall to the ground and cry. It's all just too overwhelming. Jacob is furious. “I'm gonna' kill him! I'm gonna' kill them all!” He starts shouting every curse he can think of and it's enough to make Carlisle gasp. My boyfriend has quite the vocabulary there.

“All of La Push is going to hear him cursing. That boy's got a set of lungs. Where did he pick up that language?” Carlisle mumbles.

“It's all my fault. I'm so sorry,” I say. I shudder violently.

“Dakota? Listen to me. Everything's okay. They left us alone. This isn't your fault. You have nothing to be sorry for. In fact, you should be proud of yourself. You were very strong and brave dealing with Aro. You kept our pack's secrets from him. You did amazing. We're lucky to have you in our family.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: This is the first chapter that I didn't already have written from my first draft of the story. I got to the end of the first draft and decided to continue the story. Thank you guys so much for your love and support. It means the world to me.