Status: Completed

You Belong With Me

Autumn

“Are you going to school? It starts in a week.”

Jacob and I are sitting in Charlie's kitchen at the table. He is in the living room. “I don't know. I mean Charlie said I had to go this year because last year I made excuses.”

“Yeah....”

“What about you and the pack? Are you guys going to the Quileute school this year?”

He shrugs. “I don't think so....I'm a wolf now and I don't have time for school.”

“Well it's kind of important, isn't it?”

“So is the pack.”

I sigh. “I really just don't want to go to Forks high. It's full of stupid pale kids. I'd stand out so much.”

“I guess you could go to the Quileute school. You are a quileute.”

“And that way we'd be on the reservation in case any pack stuff came up.”

The Quileute school is small and there's not a lot of students. There are girls from the reservation that I didn't know which made me a bit uncomfortable. Jacob just stayed by my side and made sure everything was okay. Quil, Embry, and Seth are here too. Seth is a freshman.

“Did you do your homework Jake?” I ask on the phone.

“It's Halloween. No one does homework on Halloween. You have to come to the party!”

“I don't know Jake. I should be studying.”

“C'mon! Please!”

He acts so immature sometimes. “Fine,” I sigh.

He wastes no time driving over here in his new car to pick me up. When we get to Sam's house there are decorations everywhere and the pack is all there. Quil is tuffing his face from a bowl of candy on the table. There are bat shaped sugar cookies and chocoltae cupcakes with spider shaped frosting. There is a jack-o-lantern on the counter. “You should have dressed up,” Seth tells me. He is dressed ironiclly like a vampire.

“Jacob isn't,” I argue.

“Oh yes I am. I'm a werewolf. No costume required.”

I roll my eyes. He laughs. I stand in the corner and he naturally follows me.

“Oh what? Is the big scary werewolf coming to eat me now?” I tease.

He grins. “Maybe, you'd like that wouldn't you?”

I wrap my arms around him and kiss him. He kisses me back. We make out against the wall lustilly. “Not in my house,” Sam tells us. I blush and let go of my boyfriend.

I struggle with school and patrolling. It's not easy staying up all night patrolling and then trying to pass a test the next day in school. That's why I'm relieved when we get a few days off for Thanksgiving. Charlie is eating at the cullens. Billy, Sue, Leah, Seth, Jacob, and I go to Sam's house. Emily had made a feast. I dig in. “You know, he's smaller than most of us yet he eats as much as we do. Where does he put it all?” Sam asks jokingly.

I shrug and take another bite of turkey. Of course even after devouring all the food we are ready for desert. Finally Jacob and I go sit on the couch together and kiss. We sleep in eachother's arms.