Status: Completed

You Belong With Me

Christmas

Charlie got home and I expected him to yell but he didn't. He was angry though. “How could you....break a bed?”

“We're wolves Dad....I didn't mean to....it just happened,” I blush.

He sighs. “Okay....I'll get you a new bed.”

“Thanks....”

I sleep snuggled with Jacob on the floor in front of the fireplace. I wake up and yawn with the sunshine in my face. “Merry Christmas love,” Jacob smiles at me. I smile too. We kiss just as Charlie walks into the room.

I blush again. “Sorry.”

He nods. “Are you going to open your presents?”

I sit by the Christmas tree and open some things like a new hoodie, a new iPod, money.....And then Jacob hands me a gift from him. It's a silver chain and hanging from it is a tiny russet colored carved wolf. “So I'll always be close to your heart.”

“Jake....it's beautiful....I....didn't get you anything.”

“It's okay. The best gift I could ever get is you.”

“Awww.”

“Look, mistletoe.”

We kiss. Charlie clears his throat loudly. I pull away from my boyfriend and put on my necklace. I hug Charlie goodbye and go to Jake's house. His dad is waiting. Rachael and Rebecka are home for the holidays and that means Paul and Rebecka's husband Ty are here.

Rebecka hugs me. “Ty this is my brother Jacob and his boyfriend Dakota.”

He doesn't look surprised so she must have told him that Jake is with a guy. Rachael walks to me and says “I'm sorry about last time. I was just surprised.....it's good to have you in the family Dakota. Obviously you make my brother very happy.”

“Thanks.”

Once we are done here it is time to go to Sam's for the Christmas party. Rachael and Paul go with Jacob and me. The pack is there and so are their dates. Jared has Kim and Quil has the little three year old Claire. Embry and Seth stand in the corner talking and eating christmas cookies. Sue Clearwater is here with Leah. The only missing ones are Collin and Brady but they are left out on purpose. We are keeping them out of the pack until they are older. We are trying to keep them from phasing so they will get older. Besides, the pack is dangerous and no place for kids.

I eat a bunch of Christmas cookies until Jacob finally pulls me away into the living room. Kim and Jared are on the coach gazing at each other with smiles on their faces. Quil is bouncing baby Claire in his arms. I sit on the floor against the wall next to the Christmas tree. Jacob sits beside me. He is wearing jeans, a white tee shirt, a black hoodie zipped half way, and a hat. I turn sideways and look at him making him turn to look at me. I smile. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” he replies. We kiss. I sit up on my knees and wrap my arms around him. He tastes like the candy cane he was eating and I know I must taste like frosting from the Christmas cookies. We make out passionately. I press myself against him. We both want each other and I know it. Our hormones are raging after being deprived for so long.

“Jake....” Embry interrupts us.

He lets go of me and we stand up. “What do you need Em?”

He looks embarrassed. “Just warning you Sam's about to walk in.”

I giggle. Sure enough Sam walks in and asks if we're behaving. “Yeah Sam, we're being good little wolves.”

He rolls his eyes.

“I need some fresh air. Too many cookies,” I make my way through the crowd of people and step outside in the snow. The cool air feels good.

“Did you really need air or was that just an excuse to get away from Sam?” A voice asks behind me.

I grin. “It was an excuse.”

Jacob puts his arms around my waist and kisses me. I kiss him lustily. He kisses back with the same emotion. We fall into the snow and make out. “Fags,” a deeper voice clearly states.

I get up quickly. It's Paul. “Cut it out man. I'm not going to play your childish games.”

“I'm not playing games either. Rachael thinks you’re disgusting and sent me here to kick your ass.”

I shudder. “She said she was sorry,” Jacob tells him.

“Yeah, because your dad was there.”

He shoves me face first into the snow. It's cold against my warm skin and it stings. He kicks me in the side. Jacob grabs him and punches him in the stomach. I shudder harder and take off my sweater. I phase before I can get anything else off. I whimper at Jacob. He and Paul are on the ground fighting now. Jacob punches him in the nose and it cracks. Blood gushes onto the white ground. With a broken nose and bruises he finally gives up and leaves. I phase back but start shaking again. I wrap my hoodie around my waist to at least cover me. Then I sit on the ground and cry.

“Baby don't cry. He's a jerk. He does whatever Rachael tells him and she's a bitch.”

“I didn't mean to phase....I broke your necklace,” I show him the chain that broke in half.

“We can fix it easily. Don't worry. C'mere. Let's get some clothes on you,” he pulls me to my feet and hugs me. I hug him too and dry my face on his sweater. He takes it off and puts it over my shoulders. When we go inside everyone stares making me blush. Embry and Quil go to Quil's house because it's close and grab some of embry's clothes that he keeps there just in case. He hands them to me and I change in the bathroom, still blushing. Jacob explained what happened.

“I'm going to kill him,” Sam says.

“You do that. I'm taking Dakota home,” Jacob responds.