Status: Completed

You Belong With Me

Return of the Volturi

“If problems arise we will be back and we won't be leaving. Do you all understand?” That's what Aro had said the first time I met him. I shiver at the memory.

“Why are they back?” I ask Sam.

“Because he said he would be if problems arose and they did.”

“What problems?”

“You and Paul. It's making the Volturi upset. If the pack splits up again it's going to cause tension with the vampires we call our alliances. It's going to result in a fight between the vampires and the werewolves.”

We walk into the clearing in the woods. The cullens stand with us and we face the Volturi. I shiver at the sight of them. Jacob watches me protectively, remaining at my side. “Dakota,” Aro grins slyly.

I growl.

“Come here child,” he beckons.

I glare at him.

“Come on, I won't harm you.”

I take a deep breath and step forward. He places a cold hand on my forehead. He goes through all my thoughts. He finds Jacob and my physical relationship amusing. That's kind of annoying really. But I let him read whatever he wants except for pack secrets. “You and your...your boyfriend there....You're very powerful.”

“I'm not,” I shake my head.

“Your father was very strong. You have his blood in you. You're stronger than you know.”

I don't respond.

“We could use you two as guard dogs and maybe even a few of your friends.”

“I speak for all of us when I say no thanks.”

“Well that's too bad. Such power going to waste. Dakota you have caused nothing but trouble here. Give me a reason why I should not execute right now.”

“Aro I never meant for any of this to happen. It's not my fault! Jacob and I were meant to be together. It's our shared destiny. That's why he imprinted on me. I never meant to cause any trouble.”

“That doesn't solve anything boy.”

I start crying because there is nothing else I can do. “I'm so sorry.”

He puts his hand on me trying to see what I am thinking. Some of the guys behind me growl. I feel absolutely hopeless and like the biggest loser ever. Finally I just snap. “Let go of me!” I shout. I pull away from him and growl viciously. I am not going to be weak anymore.

“Did I say something to offend you Dakota?” Aro looks completely calm.

I shudder.

“If you didn't have an absurd attraction to that mutt over there none of this would be happening right now.”

“Don't you EVER talk about him like that again!” I yell.

“Let's make a deal Dakota. All of this will go away and we will leave you alone if you just leave Jacob Black.”

“If I just leave Jacob? It's not that easy Aro. Unlike you I have a heart and it loves Jacob more than anything. So if you're going to kill me that's fine. It's the only way you will ever take me from him.”

“You're stubborn like your father and foolish too. I shouldn't spare your life. But for some unfathomable reason my dear friend Carlisle cares about you very much. Because of that I am going to leave you for now. I am going to give you the chance to resolve your problems among yourselves. Should I find that there are persisting problems and you have ruined your second chance than I will have no choice but to kill you. Do you understand?”

I growl at him. “Bastard.”

“Your lucky I don't kill you right now Dakota. If you continue to tempt me I might lose my control.”

I shudder violently. He turns his back to me and walks away. The rest of the Volturi follow him.

“I can't believe he didn't kill you when you kept growling at him and glaring at him like that. He's the leader of the Volturi! Do you know how many people he's killed?” Seth exclaims.

“He thinks you're interesting,” Edward tells me. “Because you affect a lot of people in different ways. You've been breaking rules since you arrived here. You broke the treaty and you caused a lot of trouble in he pack. Also, you have a lot of power that you don't even know you have. And he finds it incredibly amusing that you are the first gay werewolf. He finds it amusing that Jacob imprinted on you when he loved Bella so much. He finds it amusing that so suddenly Jacob went from being attracted to girls to being attracted to you. It intrigues him.”

I hate this. I walk away, pushing others out of my way as I do. I run. I run as far as my legs will take me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Are you readers getting bored with this story? Are there any story ideas you would like to see in this story? Commenst are great please