Status: Completed

You Belong With Me

Imprint

“How do you know if you imprinted?” I ask Leah.

“What?” She is surprised.

“How do you know?”

“I don't know. You're asking the wrong person. Why do you want to know?”

I shrug.

“Here, I'll take you to Sam.”

She pushes me inside then disappears. “Umm...hello Dakota?” Sam is surprised to see me.

“Leah brought me here. I was wondering how you know when you imprint.”

“Oh..umm...is there a reason you're asking?”

“I just want to know,” I blush furiously. I'm nervous and upset.

“Obviously something's really bothering you. Let's talk about it.”

He sits me down at the table. I take some deep breaths.

“You know you can't imprint until you're a wolf, right?”

“I know...but I can be imprinted on...?”

“By one of the pack? Was it Leah?”

“No! No way!”

“Who? One of the guys imprinted on you? That's impossible!”

“No, I just want to know how you know when you imprint!”

“Okay, sorry for jumping to conclusions.When you meet them it's like the world shifts and you can't stop thinking about them, they are your world. You're feelings for them are very strong and you know you can't be without them.”

The look on my face must be strange because he says “Dakota? Are you alright? You look sick.”

“I'm fine,” I shake my head as if to clear it.

“You know you should tell me what's bothering you. I'll find out eventually.”

“I don't want to talk about it Sam. I'm still figuring it out myself.”

“Okay,” he sighs then places a hand on my forehead. “You're getting warmer.”

“I'm fine. I feel fine.”

“Maybe I should keep an eye on you.”

“No! If I feel sick or something I would tell you. But I'm fine and I don't need this right now!”

I storm away to sit on the beach. I lie in the sand and tears spill down my face. My body shivers but I could care less. This is horrible. Now I understand the real reason Jacob didn't want to be near me. He knew this happened and he didn't want it to. He imprinted on me.