The Wakko Werewolves

Chapter 15

I woke up a few minutes later everything was fuzzy and I had a bad taste in my mouth. It was caused by the pain coming from my ankle. Kyle looked at me sheepishly.

"Sorry about that." he said to me.

I just looked at him and sighed.

"It's okay." I said to him.

"That was a pretty nasty break you sure it's healing?" Amy asked.

"I'm not a doctor but it's not swelling up which means it's healing." Tyler said.

I sat up and rubbed my ankle.

"A few more hours may heal it completely. What about that wolf that's down stairs?" I asked.

"He's gone for now. Maybe recruiting more wolves or whatever. We have a few hours it's the middle of the day too hot to be in fur." Kyle said to me.

I pulled myself up and stood up. I put a little pressure on my ankle and felt sick.

"Better if you rested it." Kyle said to me and held me and then sat me in a chair.

"Thanks." I said to him.

"No problem." he said.

I smiled at him and he smiled back. I looked past Kyle and saw that Tyler gave us an annoyed look.

"So, um what do we do about transportation. Sooner or later we'll have to leave." I said.

Tyler stood up and walked towards me.

"You see that truck over there?" he asked me.

"Yeah." I said turning around.

"If I can get it running we'll take it." he said.

"You know how to fix cars?" I asked him.

"My dad showed me." he said.

"Cool." I said.

Kyle grunted and stood up.

"How are you going to get out there Mr. Mechanic?" Kyle asked.

"He's right the wolves will probably come back for round two and you won't know how long it'll take to fix it." I said.

"If Kyle can stand as look out I can see if it works. Then I'll drive the truck by the house. If it doesn't work we'll have to use plan B." he said and walked to the ladder and then opening it. He checked and the close was clear.

"What's plan B?" Kyle asked as they went down.

"I don't know yet." Tyler said.

"Let me see that rifle!" Kyle yelled to Amy.

She slid it down to him.

"It has four rounds don't miss." she said.

"Don't plan to." he said.

She closed the ladder back.

"I can't believe this." Beth said shaking her head.

"What?" I asked her.

"I finally beg my parents to let me go the camp and I end up in a werewolf horror movie. How much does that suck?" she asked.

"A whole lot." Amy said.

"Well at least you're not the werewolf." I said.

We crawled to the window and watched the boys.

Kyle walked backwards gun raised high nose flared. Tyler opened the truck's hood and then climbed into the front seat. The key was inside. He turned it nothing happened.

He got out and checked the battery. It was new so there was now corrosion. Tyler checked the oil, it was full and then he checked some other stuff I wasn't familiar with.

"He needs to hurry up the wolves will be back at any second." Beth said.

"Don't jinx him." I said.

Tyler climbed under the truck and Kyle turned and bent down. I heard some yelling and then Kyle stood up and kicked a rock. Tyler climbed back from under the truck and yelled at Kyle. They bickered for five seconds and then shook hands.

"What the hell are they doing?" I asked.

Tyler ran to the other car and checked for parts.

"Looks like they're looking for parts." Amy said.

I saw Kyle hand Tyler the rifle and then Kyle rubbed his hands together and lifted a large thing from the car. I had no idea what it was. It looked like a part of the engine I wouldn't know. Then he carried it to where Tyler was.

"That thing must way at least a hundred pounds and he's holding it as if it's a stack of books." Amy said.

I think I liked seeing Kyle lifting up heavy stuff because my eyes glowed yellow.

After an hour we stopped starring and waited for the sound of the truck. I rubbed my ankle and moved it. It felt way better now. I stood up on it and it didn't hurt as badly as before. I looked out the window. Tyler got into the truck and turned it on. The truck roared to life and we squealed.

Tyler got out and gave Kyle a high five. We cheered upstairs but the party ended short because the wolves were coming.The guys were still partying.

"We got to tell them wolves are coming come on!" I said and we left the attic and ran down the stairs and outside.

"Stop cheering you idiots the wolves are coming!" Amy screamed.

"What?" they yelled.

I saw five wolves running through the field.

"Get in the truck and drive to us!" I yelled.

Tyler drove to us and got out.

"Get in I got to get the stuff from upstairs." he said.

"What?" I asked.

Kyle handed me the rifle.

"I'll help him keep them back." he said.

"Be careful." I told him.

"You too." he said.

Beth and Amy climbed in.

I shot at the wolves. My aim wasn't too bad I got two and then I got three and four but the fifth one leaped for me and I was out of bullets. It pushed me out of the truck's bed and onto the ground. It bit my arm. I cried out and heard gun shots being fired. Kyle ran out and tackled the wolf.

Tyler ran towards the truck and threw all the stuff we needed into it.

Then he came back for me.

"Where's Kyle?" I asked him and turned around.

"Kyle!" I screamed he was gone.

"Get in!" Amy yelled.

"We can't leave Kyle." I said.

Tyler pushed me into the truck even though I fought and climbed into the bed.

"We got to help him." I said.

"There he is!" Beth yelled.

I turned around and saw him running away from the five wolves. He turned around and ran faster.

"Amy drive to him!" I yelled.

She spun the truck around and drove slowly away from him so that he could catch up and hop in.

"Come on Kyle!" I yelled.

Tyler and I hung out as he grabbed our hands.

"Come on buddy!" Tyler said and pulled at Kyle's back.

First one wolf leaped on him and then another. He cried out.

"Kyle no!" I screamed.

"Leave me!" he yelled and let go of us.

"Kyle!" Tyler yelled.

It was too late. He was covered by the furry wolves. One of them pulled away from Kyle and ran towards the truck.

"Drive fast!" we yelled.

Amy put the pedal to the metal and drove into the main road. The wolf stood in the middle of the road and howled in anger. I slid back hot tears rolling down my cheeks.

"They got him." I cried.

Tyler hugged me.

"It'll be okay, don't cry." he said.

"It's all my fault I should have helped him." I cried into his shoulder.

Tyler rubbed my back but it didn't comfort me.