The Wakko Werewolves

Chapter 25

Amy, Beth, Tyler and I sat at a diner a few miles down the road from the fire. I saw four fire trucks and a couple police cars trailing behind and heard the wailing of sirens following.

I took a long sip from my strawberry smoothie. We were quiet.

"We didn't get all the wolves did we?" Beth asked quietly.

I shook my head.

"And Kyle knew it was us?" Amy asked.

I nodded.

"So what now?" Tyler asked.

"We'll have to find Cat. With her help we could get the cure, and at least cure myself and Kyle." I said.

"What if she doesn't want to help?" Beth asked.

I just sighed.

"John should have been there by now, to take care of any wolves who got away right?" Amy asked.

"How should I know, last time I saw him. He passed out at the bar. As far as I know he's wolf chow." I said.

As I said that the door of the diner opened and the scent of smoke and gun powder filled my nostrils. I looked up and saw as a grizzly man look around and then looked at us and smiled.

He walked towards the table. We were shocked to see him and he took a seat smack dab in the middle of us.

"Glad to see you survived that little ordeal." he said and smiled.

"So you are the Hunter did you take care of the wolves there?" I asked him.

"As many as I could. Some of the older wolves got away." he said and sighed.

"So now we need to find Cat right?" Beth asked.

"Right." he said.

"Then how are we going to be able to find Cat if we have no clothes, no gas, and no money. It's not like we can go home now!" Tyler said and shook his head.

John got up and stuck his hand in his pocket. He slammed a roll of money onto the table.

"Two thousand dollars is that enough?" he asked.

"Whoa!" Amy said.

Tyler grabbed the money.

"Yeah, but..." he started.

"I do jobs for people and get paid." John said and looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"He'll be looking for you." John said.

"I know." I said.

"As soon as you get to Cat's say I sent you." he said.

"Thanks for everything." I said to him.

He just smiled and shrugged.

"We'll meet again and hopefully you're still on our side." he said and walked away.

"He's right two thousand Tyler said and pulled out a couple singles to pay for dinner and pocketing the rest.

I got up.

"We better get going if we want to find Cat." I said.

"Where is she again?" Amy asked.

"She's in upstate New York." Beth said.

"New York that's crossing like four states or something like that, it might take us at least a week, maybe less. I'm not sure depending on the trip." Tyler said.

"Well then what are we waiting for?" Amy asked.

"The sooner we get to Cat's the better." I said.

"Lets go." Tyler said.