The Wakko Werewolves

Chapter 4

I clawed at the ground as the thing dragged me. I kicked and screamed. It bit my arm and then clawed my ribs. I screamed out in pain as it kicked me. I rolled away from the cabin.

It came for me again growling. I pulled myself up and held my side as I ran towards the cabin. I kicked and hit the door.

"Let me in!" I screamed.

The creature was coming back. I looked back and it leaped for me. Then I saw a hand pull me in and slam the door.

I ran deep into the cabin and turned and saw as Kyle, Tyler, and Steven fought to keep the door closed.

"Push something in front of it!" Tyler yelled.

Steve got a desk and pushed it in front of the door.

The creature kept beating at the door but gave up and howled angrily.

I hugged my side and laid on the ground in pain.

"Oh my god what do we do?" Beth asked.

She stood over me.

The lights flicked back on and I sat up hugging my side trying to stop the bleeding.

"Is there a first aid kit?" Jackie asked crawling towards me.

"Yeah!" Steve said.

Tyler and Kyle ran to my aid.

"I'm sorry this happened." Tyler said to me.

"It's not your fault Kyle left me to die!" I cried out. The pain was so unbearable it wasn't there anymore.

"Got the kit." Steve said and opened it and then handed Tyler the peroxide.

"I'll have to clean the wound." he said.

I closed my eyes and turned away as he poured the peroxide onto my arm. He wiped it off and then gasped.

"What?" I asked him opening my eyes back.

"It's healed." he said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him and looked at my arm.

"There's no cut, not even a scar." he said.

I rolled up my shirt half way and used the peroxide and washed the blood from my ribs.

"Nothing." Kyle said and looked at me funny.

"There had to have been something there, I mean I almost got killed!" I said.

"This is too weird." Jessica said shaking her head.

"We need to call for help." Amy said.

"My phone's not working." Beth said.

Mine isn't working either." Steven said.

"Great we're in a bad reception zone." I said.

"Okay no one panic. We'll go back to camp tomorrow and tell the camp counselors what happened." Tyler said getting up.

Jessica got up and walked towards a window.

"I wonder if we move..." she was cut off when something broke through the window.

She screamed and fell to the ground. The creature that attacked us was clawing it's way in. We screamed. Tyler grabbed the closes thing he could find and attacked the black furry creature with it. He started to hit the creature with a bat when it pulled in and bit into the bat. Kyle grabbed a pick that you use to flip ashes in a fire and he jammed into the beast's back. It came out on the other side jamming it into the ground. It roared out in pain and blood poured from it's mouth as it stopped fighting. Tyler hit it one last time and threw the bat on the floor.

"What is it?" Beth asked after she screamed.

"It looks like a wolf." Amy said.

"But it looks bigger than one." Jackie said.

"Maybe it's one of those hybrids?" Steve said.

"What the hell?" Tyler asked.

It's fur was beginning to fall of and it's claws became human hands.

"Oh my god it's a person, not an animal!" Jackie cried.

"That can't be we killed a wolf, didn't we?" Kyle asked looking at Tyler.

Tyler looked at Kyle and then back at the boy. He walked up to the boy carefully and pulled the spike out of his back and the flipped him over with his foot.

The boys gasped.

"What?" I asked getting up and looking at the body.

"It can't be?" Kyle questioned.

"What?" Amy asked angrily.

"I-It's Samson." Steve said quietly.

"Samson who's Samson?" Jessica asked crossing her arms stepping far away from the body.

"A kid that went here a few years ago. He went missing and was never found since. It was all on the news and he was in my cabin." Tyler said quietly.

"I'm sorry." I told him.

"This is weird. If he was that thing, how did he become it?" Beth asked.

"That thing was a wolf and he's a human. Do you think?" Kyle started.

"What?" Steve asked.

"Maybe the woods aren't as safe as we knew them to be. Maybe it's a nightmare gone wrong but I think that Samson was a werewolf." Kyle said.

"Kyle werewolves don't exist!" Jackie cried.

"Then what do you call that?" he asked her and then looked at me.

Soon everyone's eyes looped to me.

"What?" I asked quietly.

"You were bitten by him." Steve said.

"So?" I asked rubbing my arm.

"So that means if Kyle is right you're going to become a werewolf." Amy said quietly.

"No, no way I'm not a werewolf, I mean look at me do I look like a werewolf?" I asked them.

"Not at the moment." Jessica said.

I glared at her.

"Maybe it was a normal wolf, you know this one came out of nowhere it doesn't even look like the same wolf. I have a better chance getting rabies than becoming a werewolf." I said.

"I wouldn't be too sure." Kyle said.

"We need to get this body out." Tyler finally said.

"And fix this window before more wolves come." Steve said pointing to it.

The guys moved quickly. First they wrapped Samson's body into the rug and then they nailed the boards from the floor to the window.

I hugged my stomach and sat down on the ground. I grew worried what if they said what was wrong with me was true. What if I was going to turn into a werewolf. No I shouldn't believe that. I mean I don't have fur, fangs, claws, I'm perfectly normal. A little worried but normal.

"Maybe you should say something to him I mean he was your cabin mate." Amy said.

"He's dead." Tyler said dryly.

"It would be respectful." Kyle said to him.

Tyler glared at him and sighed.

"Okay, fine. Um... you were a great cabin mate and I hope you had a good life as a wolf. Okay now lets get his body out." Tyler said bending down.

"Touching." Amy said sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

The guys picked up the body and checked outside to make sure it was safe. I stood as watch out.

I started to hear howls and then I sensed them. I actually sensed the wolves.

"Hurry up they smell the blood!" I whispered.

"How do you know?" Kyle asked.

We heard growling and they threw the body over.

All three ran back into the cabin and right before I slammed the door. I saw the glimpse of werewolf feeding on the body and staring at me.