‹ Prequel: Buffalo Stampede
Sequel: My Little Girl

Whiskey Lullaby

Home At Last

*THREE MONTHS LATER*

I gave a huff as I reached up, placing the plates on the top shelf. My baby bump was no longer a bump, more like a mountain. "Don't strain yourself hun." Matt said, kissing my cheek and wrapping his arms around my huge mound of a stomach. There was a knock at the door. "Can you get that dear?" I called as Matt spun me around, placing his lips on mine. "Sure!"

"Mom!" My daughter's frightened voice called. "What's wrong?" There was no answer. I waddled to the front door as fast as I could, Matt hot on my heels. I nearly hissed as I reached the door. "What do you want Josh?" I snarled. "To apologize." He said, not hesitating. I was caught off guard. "W-what?" He sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I lied. I'm sorry I raped you. And I'm sorry I gave our...your...daughter drugs." I stared at him dumbfounded.

"T-thank you. But I'd really appreciate it if we didn't see each other again. And for you to stay away from my family." He nodded, understanding. "Goodbye Ryan." I nodded to him, closing the door behind him. I turned to Matt. "I love you." He whispered, pulling me into his arms. There was a large splatter of water, followed by a scream from my daughter.

My water had broke.