‹ Prequel: Buffalo Stampede
Sequel: My Little Girl

Whiskey Lullaby

Not Around

He paced around the room, looking straight in my eyes. "What the hell is going on?! I leave for 3 months, and already this?! He asks, pointing to Rain's room, referring to Anette. I shrugged. "Why should you care what she wears? You're never around to see it anyway." I said acidly. "I care because I don't want boys looking at her the way they do when she wears that." I rolled my eyes. "You are never around. You haven't even heard that my dad got sick and is dying, you didn't hear that Timmy had a baby, and Jimbo his second! You don't know anything about your own family!" I scoffed. "Wha-yes I do!" I rolled my eyes. "Ok, where does you dad work?" He scoffed. "Huntington High." I shook my head. "He doesn't. He retired. And he called last week. He wanted you to be the first to know. But you. weren't. there."

He gaped at me. "And you didn't call and tell me!?" I shrugged. "I would have, but I didn't feel like hearing 'look hun I'm busy,' or 'we're about to go on', or-" I was cut off by his lips. He always did use that to shut me up. "I am tired of hearing it." He sighed. That made me snap. "Tired of hearing it!? You haven't been around enough to! You don't know that your daughter is failing nineth grade, might have to take it over, or that Old Joe died, or-" "At least I'm there more than Josh would be!" He roared. "At least Josh would be home enough to know when his wife is pregnant for his child!" He stared at me like I had three heads. I left for Rain's room slamming the door behind me. It was our first real fight.
♠ ♠ ♠
D: awwwwww.

--Sinderella Plague