There's So Many Things That I Want You to Know

Missed the Bus? Never Fear! Ellie's Here!

Mariella folded up her sleeping bag and grabbed her bathroom bag, a change of clothes, and shoes. After quickly brushing her purple hair out, she exchanged her pajamas for a pair of black, tight skinny jeans; a lime-green, form-fitting, baby-doll tee that read "Bite Me" in bolded black lettering above a set of vampire fangs; a black jean jacket that stopped midway between her ribs and belly button, that she left unzipped; her trademark black Vans with rainbow laces; and a black beanie - another signature item she deemed as a must-have for any outfit. Her father was already gone by the time she slid down the railing of the stairs. A note was taped to the fridge door.

Ella- bus will be here @ 7:15. Don't be late! I can't come pick you up and take you to school. Have a great first day!
Love- Dad


"And where's my lunch money?" she grumbled.

P.S. Lunch $$ = in the first drawer to the right.

"Oh."

She shoved the twenty into her pocket, glanced at the clock on the wall, and rushed to grab her black patched-and-badged messenger bag. She stood at the end of her driveway until she realised the bus was stopped at the corner. A quick roll of her eyes, and she was off to catch up. It was to no avail. She'd missed her only ride to school.

"Hey, loser. Get in."

She looked over to see a girl about her age in the driver's seat of her red 1985 Camaro. On her face was a friendly smile that slowly fell.

"Or. . . not."

"Oh, sorry." Ella hurried to the passenger side and slid in. "Thanks."

"No prob. Pennywise? Nice."

"You like them?"

"Hell, yeah! Amazing!" she sang.

"Right. I'm Mariella. Call me Ella."

"Marie-Elizabeth. Call me M.E. Or Eliza. Or. . . well, Ellie. Whatever suits you."

"Cool."

"Posh neighbourhood, eh?"

"Yeah. Today's my first day."

"Sick. Well, let's go."