There's So Many Things That I Want You to Know

Iced

Ella's PO.V..

I watched Pierre chase Ellie around the Art room with a piece of soaking, dripping clay. Ellie's screeches of disgust were, judging by the disinterested expressions, an everyday occurence. I picked at my fingernails, still uncomfortable without my sister. The hour dragged on; finally, the bell rang, and I ran out the door. Before I could get stopped by Ellie or anyone, I shoved my way through the crowds, sighing in frustration when one jock grabbed my butt. I found a seat on my bus, flopped down on the grey vinyl, and stared out the windows. I could see the girls I'd met at lunch passing by; all four were laughing.

"So where'd you find her?" Janelle asked as they stopped to let a line of cars pass.

"On the street."

Diane replied, "Well, that's obvious. I mean, she does look like a charity case."

"So, let me get this straight," spoke Emilie. "You have no idea where she lives?"

"No. I picked her up by West Haven," Ellie answered, popping a lollipop into her mouth.

I sat back in my seat, fighting back tears. They had been so nice, especially Ellie, but now they were talking about me like they couldn't fathom a creature as low as I existed. I only hoped Marissa was having an easier time back at our old house.

Rissa's P.O.V.

I threw the phone onto the bed. Of course Dad hadn't gotten the only means of communication - telephone service - set up yet. That meant no way to talk to Ella. I had to know what the new town was like. Were the people nice? Was the school separated into cliques? I flopped onto my mattress, staring at the nearly-empty room. I'd spent four hours pulling down all of my sister's precious posters off the walls; every box was labelled "Rissa" or "Ella," courtesy of yours truly. My computer was still set up in the corner on my side of the room. I was about to pull the plug when an instant message popped up.

whoknew: hey, Rissa

MLyons: Who is this?

whoknew: your sister

MLyons: Dad got internet but not phone??? O_o

whoknew: no im at the public library i got your screenname from amber, even though its pretty...unoriginal.

MLyons: Oh, shut up. What's the town like?

whoknew: meh people are ok. the house is THE MOST POSH ever! seriously! mansion!

MLyons: Sweet! What's school like?

whoknew: thought i made friends today... its pretty decent

MLyons: THOUGHT?!?! What do you mean THOUGHT?!?!

whoknew: long story short: 4 girls were chill with me, but then turned around and were talking dirt about me after school

MLyons: Oh, I'm sorry. =( So basically, I won't like it?

whoknew: no you will. theres a bunch of people like you here: intelligent, go-far-with-brains types.

whoknew: i hate to do this but the librarians iced that i downloaded messenger. ill talk to you tomorrow or something. hopefully dad gets internet or something SOON. love ya.

whoknew has signed off.