Deeper Than Blades

A Single Scream

“Please…no more. I’ve got you now. You’re safe” tears rolled down her face. I knew it was hurting her. And I hated it. But it couldn’t go on. I pressed the blade into the flesh of my arm. Blood ran down my arm, in time with her tears. I watched the pain spread across her face. I held my hand out in front of me and dropped the blade, but my arms stayed in place. My face crumpled and the sobs started again. She ran over, enveloping me in her arms. I huddled close to her, yet it wasn’t close enough. I sobbed.
“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry” I couldn’t apologize enough.
“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” My voice was barely a whisper, but it was there.
“Hey, don’t apologize. It’s okay. We’re okay” Her voice was stronger now. Confident. My sobs grew louder and she tightened her hold on me.
“I’m…I’m sorry” I could no longer get the words out.
“Shhh. We’ll get you help. You’ll be okay. I promise” She sounded so sure, like she really believed I could get through this.
Shivers racked through my body. Again, she just held me tighter.
“I love you” I whispered “I love you” I closed my eyes and she screamed. I took a deep breath. Silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
The ending of the vent =)
I decided to post it in bits because it was quite long.
I hope you like it. Please comment!