Status: Writers Block. No Motivation

The Life of an Unwanted Bender

Leaving

We snuck back into the house for Tai’s birthday party. She stood towards the back of the group. We weren’t missed. Also we hadn’t missed anything.

“Happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday day to you! Happy Birthday dear Tai! Happy Birthday to you!” Everyone sang with smiles on their faces.

At the end of the night Minowa and I we up in our room talking late about what happened this evening.

“Just, admit it!” I said throwing my hands up and smiling at her.

“No! I’m not gonna do it.” She said and smiled back taking out her bun.

“Just do it! Just say the words: I wasn’t as bad as I thought.” I said reaching up and pulling the comb out and proceeding to take down the rest of it.

She sighed and gave in. “Ok. ‘It wasn’t as bad as I thought.’ Happy now?” Her voice had been monotone until the end.

“Yep. Satisfied.” I said coolly and laid back my hair sprawled across my pillow.

Minowa shook her head partly to shake her hair loose and the other part at me.

I laughed lightly as I glanced out the window. This week couldn’t pass fast enough.

One week later

In the past week I had spent most of my time with Quidel and the other benders. As Meifeng predicted her and I were good friends and as Calder foretold Enki was a annoying as ever. Quidel hadn’t said much too me, he just…watched more than anything. He would participate in the group conversations but that was it.

Everyone crowed around my bedroom door. The younger girls crying. The slightly older ones looking sad. Almost as if they wanted to cry. They didn’t want to look young and silly like the younger girls.

I glanced over my shoulder ever now and again as I packed my things up. Ms. Doshi smiled and had watery eyes but refused to let them fall, not yet.

After I had everything packed, which weren’t more than a few shirt and a few pants and an extra pair of shoes, I slung my pack over my shoulder and made for the door. Everyone hustled down stairs, being careful not to knock anyone over, to watch me walk out of the front door.

As I walked past I gave hugs and kisses on the head to the young ones and hugs to the older ones.

When I got to the door Ms. Doshi, Nani and Minowa were the last left.

I smiled and hugged Ms. Doshi and thanked her.

Next was Nani, she had always been there for me. To me and the other girls she was more than a mother. I thanked her as well.

Last was Minowa. My best friend and partner in crime. I’d miss her more than anyone. I dropped my bags and gave her a hug that seemed to last forever and yet only a few seconds.

“Bye Min. I’m going to miss you.” I said fighting back my tears and the strong urge pushing them to fall.

“Same here.” She said and hugged back a single tear slipped from her eye.

I pulled out of the hug and waved to everyone else and big smile on my face. I opened the front door and saw Quidel, Enki, Meifeng and Calder waiting for me. They had their packs over their shoulders as well. I took the first step out of the door and took a deep breath.

The end of one life is the beginning of another.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!
~Lilly