Status: Writers Block. No Motivation

The Life of an Unwanted Bender

Getting Ready and The "Face"

I walked into the house and closed the door. I huffed out in relife. I was glad to finally have somewhere to go after I got out of here.

“Emiko?”A curious voice said my name.

I opened my eyes and smiled. “Oh…uh…hey Minow.” I said looking at her relaxing my posture.

“What were you doing outside? I came in over and hour ago.” She said and looked at her. “Is everything alright?”

“Yea. I’m fine.” I said and smiled slipping past her. “I’ll see you later.” I said and walked out of the kitchen. I hurred up the stairs to take a shower and wash my hair. For some reason I felt the need to prepare myself for the worst thing ever. Minow and I were the only older girls left here so we had a room to ourselves. I walked in and closed the door.

Soon I had a towel ready for my shower. After my shower it was almost dark. My long black wavy hair flowed down my back. I ran into the room and closed the door behind me. I turned to see Minow laying on the bed.

“Oh, hey Min.” I said and walked to the closet and pulled out a kimono “Help?” I said holding up the box.

She sat up on her bed. “Where are you going?” She asked, walking over to me.

“Did you forget that we have to go to little Tai’s birthday party?” I asked looking at her as if she were crazy, she never forgot anything.

“Oh crap I completely forgot!” She said eyes wie as she grabbed her things quickly for a shower. I quickly put on what I could of the kimono. By the time I was finished Minowa was running back into the room closing the door.

“What took you so long?” I asked throwing her a sideways look.

“Kids.” She grumbled angrily.

I just laughed.

She made a face at me and put on what she could of her kimono. She helped me put the rest of mine on and I helped her. Next was our hiar. Mine was completely dry now. I let Minow work her magic. By the time she finished it was pulled up and in a fancy bun with a hair comb in it.

“Thanks.” I said as she did her on her own quickly.

“No prob.” She said sticking a comb into her own bun.

I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. This was a special kimono instead of being tight althe way down it got more loose so it was much easier to walk in. Minow’s was the same way.

“Min.” I started and looked at her through the mirror.

“Yea?” She was fixing her makeup in a smaller mirror.

“We aren’t going to the party.”

“What do you mean?” She asked looking at me through the mirror; her hands were frozen in place.

“Well today, I met this guy he is a bender just like me and he wants me to join this group of other benders. I agreed to meet them tonight.” I turned to look at her.

“Emi, I know how much this means to you, but you know Ms. Doshi won’t allow it.” She said placing her hands on the table she was at.

“That’s why she can’t know.”

“So what are you suggesting? We go out the window?” She walked closer to me and motioned to the window.

“Exactly.” I said and looked at her in the eye.

“Oh, no. You’re not dragging me into this one!” She said and went back to the mirror and finished her makeup.

“But Min!”

“No! I not having a part in this.” She said putting her things away.

I looked at her, “Minowa.” I gave her the face.

“No, Emi. Not the face!” She protested.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Another part. I really hope someone's reading this. I'm working really hard on this story.