Status: Writers Block. No Motivation

The Life of an Unwanted Bender

More Strangers

“That stupid face.” Minowa growled as she crawled out of the window in front of me.

“I love you Min.” I said and climbed out after her. She stood on the roof glaring at me. I gave her a wide smile. When she didn’t stop glaring at me and looked around the back of the garden.

“There.” I pointed as I saw Quidel. “They’er here.” I said and looked for a way off of the roof. I took a step towards the edge of the roof.

“Emi.” I looked back at Minowa. “I don’t think we should do this.”

“Why?”

“Something tells me this … Never mind” she said and stepped to the edge as well.

I looked at her. There is no other way down.”

“Well, 1. 2. 3!” We both jumped and landed quietly and safely on the ground. I looked at Minowa and smiled. We made our way towards Quidel.

When we reached him I saw three other dark figures around the tree. I eyes them carefully before looking at Quidel.

“Hey,” I started.

“Heh, I though you weren’t coming for a moment.” He chuckled and rubbed a hand through his messy black hair. His tanned skin glowed softly in the moon light. He looked past me nd saw Minowa. “Uh, who is that?” He ask in a slight whisper.

“That’s my best friend. She didn’t want me coming alone.” I said softly, looking back at her. I waved a hand for her to come closer. She stayed where she was. It was clear that she didn’t trust them, or better yet, Quidel, at all.

Ahh,” He said softly nodding his head. He waved his hand and the three people by the tree walked out into the pale moon light.

The first my eyes set on was the only other female of the group.

She steeped forward and bowed slightly, “I am Meifeng.” Her voice was soft and floated on the air lightly. She smiled softly. “We are going to get along great.” A small gust of wind blew and her bleached blonde hair trailed in the wind, seeming to fade into it. Her soft grey eyes were welcoming and warm.

I smiled at her.

Next, a young man stepped up; he couldn’t be more that fifteen. “My name,” He stopped and cleared his throat to make his voice seem deeper. “My name is Enki.” He said and smiled widely at me. He ran a hand through his medium length black hair and his dark brown eyes looked over my form, his smile grew more.

I gave an annoyed and hesitant smile back along with a small wave.

Last was a man with curly thick and somewhat spiky orange/red hair. His eyes were what really drew me in. They were a swirl of blue and green. “I am Calder.” He said and looked at the Young boy. “Don’t mind him.” He jutted a finger over his shoulder at Enki, who had his hand held up to his mouth and nose checking his breath, “He’s just annoying as you can see.”

Minowa laughed softly from behind me. I turned and looked at her. She walked closer, now standing at my side.

“This,” I motioned to her. “Is Minowa. My best friend.” I stated with a proud smile.

She waved and smiled at them.

“It’s nice to meet you.” We said and bowed in perfect unison.

When we looked up they were all staring at us like we were freaks.

“What was that?” squeaked Enki.

“What was what?” I asked putting my hands on my hips and glaring at the annoying boy.

“That whole bow thing?” He mimicked us.

“That's what we are taught to do when we meet new people, in hopes that we will get adopted.” I explained looking at the group.

Enki snickered and Meifeng smacked him up side his head and smiled at me. I mouthed silently ‘Thanks’ as Enki rubbed the back of his head and glared at Meifeng.

Quidel cleared his throat. “Well since introductions are done. Let’s get on with seeing if you can bend all the elements.” He said a smirk plastered on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like.
Comments are loved and appreciated.
~Lilly