My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 1 [ the beginning ]

Anna's POV

I stomp down the freshly washed stairs in my brand new black high tops, so very smugly pulling up my hood before putting my headphones on and hearing 'When I Come Around' blast out the sound of my mother on her cell (bound to be one of her bosses), my brother Matt skateboarding along the counter, and my little sister Emily throwing her food down towards to floor where our dog Max sat, waiting for the small cheerio chunks to fall to the floor.

I bite my lip and feel the small, smooth metal that was now looped through it. Though I did it without permission, I have no fear for what my mother will do when she does see it (even though she'll probably spaz and spontaneously combust all over the kitchen).

I quickly grab my lunch and slide open the door. "Sienna, eat something before you go." I hear my mother call over her cell phone.

"No mom, it's okay, I'm not hungry. I'm going to be late," and I hurry through the door, seeing Matt stare at me for a second before I stick out my tongue.

"Mom..." I hear him whine as I slide away unnoticed.

"Matt, how many times do I have to tell you, do not interrupt me when I'm on the phone." and I watched her turn her back on him towards screaming Emily and almost trip over Max.

My mother- is a very busy woman. In my opinion, too busy. She carries three jobs, which all include some sort of big traveling business; therefore, she's almost never home. When she is home... she's too busy setting up some ort of meeting, or sorting out paper work... or arguing with someone on her super-expensive cell phone, much smaller and portable than mine,(which, in my opinion was pretty small, so I don't get how she uses hers) to even care about the fact that she has children to care for.

Matt- he's your ordinary skateboard freak of a fourteen-year-old brother. He listens to rap, wears baggy clothes and likes to bug people, whether or not it's me. But, he minds his own business, for the most part, so I don't mind him, he usually listens.

Emily- your average... screaming baby. All she does is scream, cry, eat, sleep and well... you know.

My dad- well, Ken's not really my dad but he qualifies as it. My birth father was killed by a drunk driver when I was just a baby. Since then, my mother's married Ken... he's both Matt's and Emily's father... and I've grown up to call him dad. That's how we treat each other. When I entered middle school, they divorced and we moved across town...which incase you didn't know, is Belleville, New Jersey. We're still pretty close, and I usually go there to see him once and a while.