My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 103

I was the last one to enter the room. It was dark except for the dim light emitted from the lamp by the bedside. It seemed almost as if I were in some sort of service, the way everyone just stood against the wall, except Mikey, who was sitting in a chair next to the bed. I watched as he rubbed his eyes under his glasses as if they were irritated. I walked up silently and stood beside him, looking at the stranger under the hospital sheets.

She was awake, the nurse had told us so. But, she didn't look like it. I was guessing she was trying to avoid any awkward questions or conversations, so she made up her own illusion- to ignore us. To pretend she was asleep.

I felt choked up inside, seeing the look on everyone's faces. I felt bad for Mikey more than anyone else. I was angry for no apparant reason, and extremely confused as the rage built up inside of me.

"Why," I heard Mikey whisper as he grasped onto her hand tightly, wrapping his nimble fingers around her limp hand.

There was no answer. She was ignoring him. I don't know how she could... he was so innocent and gentle, and he had all these questions and assumptions running through his mind. Things that needed to be answered... and she was ignoring him. And I became more frustrated and angry with every minute that passed where a word had went unsaid.

"God damn- Answer him," I said harshly, pushing her arm.

"Anna, stop," Frank said softly from behind me, ready to reach out and pull me away if he had to.

"No! I want her to hear this! I want to know why this happened- I want to knw why she's so selfish! Answer the question. I know you're awake! You're not sleeping! Answer," I screamed in a fit.

The room went silent as everyone looked to the floor, Mikey shook silently with his hands in his face.

"You havn't hurt yourself by doing this! It's us you've hurt, I want to to open your eyes and see what you've done! What you've caused! Look at Mikey- I want you to see what you've done!"

It was still silent. I had gotten a reaction out of anyone but her. I don't think there was one person that didn't have the hint of a tear lingering in their eyes. That's when I realized that I had just lost control.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, quivering as I went into fit of repeating the same word over and over.

Someone grasped my shoulder's leading me away from the scene. I figured it was Frank, but as I turned around, I was shocked to see him still standing behind me in shock. Of what I said. Of what I did. Of me... I turned my head to see the stringy hair of Gerard, pushing me forward.