My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 106

I seened to me as if it hadn't even been a minute before I heard more footsteps. At first, I thought it was just a passer-byer, but then the footsteps stopped directly behind me and I heard the flicker of a lighter.

"Gerard, I told you to leave me alone."

It was quiet for a few seconds, perhaps he was taking a minute to persue his cigarette in silence. But then I heard, "Guess again." A voice, I could tell was Frank's even though the muffles of smoke.

I sighed. "Have you come to tell me how bad of a person I am too?"

I turned around just in time to see him shake his head and exhale in a cloud of smoke in a motion so graceful, it seemed almost bold. "No.," he started. "I am not here to tell you how bad of a person you are... although you did upset poor Mikey quite some bit."

I groaned, "Ergh- see, I am a bad person."

I stepped up to him and stood infront of him, searching for guidence in his kind, hazele eyes which seemed empathetic and filled with depth at the moment.

Once again, he shook his head."Anna- you're not a bad person."

"Yes I am. Frank- you saw me. You heard what I said. I saw the look on your face..."

"That doesn't mean you're a bad person. Everyone makes mistakes, nobody's perfect. You are a really good person. And you care almost too much about others, and you can't impress everyone all the time. Every once and a while, you won't be able to deal with people's shit, and you're going to snap. Tonight would be a good example... it's just human nature to deal with difficult times in that manner." He ended his speech with a partial charming smile as he brushed the soaking wet strands of hair from my face.

"I can't believe I did that," I muttered, looking at the ground.

"It was only a matter of time, hun."

"You're probably right," I said, hugging him tightly as the rain continued to fall down and seap through my clothes as I stood outside the hospital in a whirl of puddles and cigarette butts in the arms of a place I call home...