My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 107

I stepped back inside the warm hospital as water came pouring from the seams of my clothes to the floor in puddles. I figured the pack of cigarettes in my pocket were now soaked and ruined. Frank was standing behind me, shaking rapidly like a dog as if it would dry him off a bit.

My feet felt as if they were dragging prison weights as I walked down the hallway to announce my appology speech to the room I had to rudely disturbed the peace in. I didn't notice how long of a journey it was to get to that room... or maybe it was just under the circumstances.

I stopped in the doorway and watched as everyone talked quietly among themselves, except for Heather and Mikey who seemed caught up in their own little world. I watched even the tiniest glisten in their eyes- revealing their strong bond as they both looked thankfully and hopefully in eachother's eyes in silence.

Frank lightly brushed past me and cleared his throat before he announced, "Guys, Anna has somethign she wants to say."

My heart lept nervously as everyone turned and looked at me in almost a glare before it came crashing back down to Earth when I noticed Heather was looking the other way. I felt my hands begin to nervously shake and sweat as I opened my mouth to speak, but instantly realizing my lack of words.

I stayed silent for a long time, with everyone just glaring at me. Trying to get hwat I had to say into words... trying to get Heather to look at me- to know I was truly sorry for what I had said.

"Um," I nervously started, biting my lip and shifting my weight from one foot to the other. I sighed and began, despite the fact that Heather was ignoring me, and the sentences in my head were scrambled in a mess.

"I... just wanted to let everyone know that I am really, really sorry for what I said earlier." I paused, looking around as everyone looked at me quietly, waiting for the rest of the speech before I continued, "I really wasn't thinking straight, and at the time, I didn't realize the concequence of my actions- especially you, Mikey. I had no bussiness to open my mouth and say words that held no truth. The only thing I had in my mind was frustration and anger that has built up in me over the last little while... and I just picked a really, really bad time to let it come out. And I just happened to direct it at you, Heather. I can imagine how you're feeling right now... and I know that you probably don't want to talk to me after what I said. I'm usually a whole lot more understanding when it comes to things like this... I think you know that. But what I said wasn't true- at all and I appologize to everyone who had to listen to it... and to Gerard who had to listen to me afterwards... and to Frank, who has to deal with me all the time. I truly am seriously, from the bottom of my heart... sorry. I understand that you guys probably don't want to talk to me right now, and I respect that. I just wanted you to know how sorry I am... and now that I've told you, I guess I'll just leave."

I turned on my heel and slowly began to walk away, half expecting some sort of big reaction out of someone. But nothing came except a set of footsteps I knew where Frank's.