My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 110

My conciousness was brought back to mind when an opening and closing of doors was heard from above me- my mom was home from work. Once I realized it was her, I settled back into my confortable spot and felt like shooting myself for disturbing Sienna.

Her eyes fluttered open, her eyelashes making motions like butterfly wings.

I ran my rough fingers through her hair. "Go back to sleep- it's just my mom."

I felt her nod against my side before she cuddled in closer and her breathing returned to it's quiet, steady beat.

I looked around the room. The dust particles in my basement could be seen floating around the room through rays of sunshine that struggled to make their way through my dark curtains covering the small windows. I observed how each dust particle made it's own design through the air as they all danced in a snow-stormish style.

I wasn't tired- but I stayed perfectly still, so that I wouldn't diturb the peace and quiet I knew Sienna needed before she stressed herself out to the extreme and made herself sick. I stayed perfectly still so that she wouldn't wake up.

Instead- I watched her sleep peacefully at my side in a manner that felt oddly perverted...

I observed the sunlight hitting her troubled, pale complexion and the paleness of her moist, soft lips. I watched her hair fall swifty face across her face and her eyes move under their lids. I watched the dust particles dance around her- worshiping her as if she were a queen. In better words... an angel.