My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 113

'Well, that was the most awkward and embarrasing hour and a half of my life', I thought to myself as I handed the pharmacist my new perscription as my mother smirked diviously behind me. I didn't bother to fight or argue, instead, a part of me thought that maybe, this was the one thing she was right to do.

I tried my best to listen to the directions the pharmacist was trying to give me. I figured, if I had to take these pills, I minus well take them right. But after a couple minutes of listening to a total stranger tell you how you were to spend your morning routine, I started to get drowsy.

And on the way home, instead of listening to my mom's bitching, I leaned my head against the window and tried to get rid of the nauseous feeling in my stomach. I was too tired to bother with her. And I wasn't in the mood.

When I got home, I imediately ignored her, stormed up to my room and slammed the door before I locked it. I goraned and collapsed in the mess of blankets of my bed, burying my head in the pillow and screamed silently into it.

The closet door rolled open and I didn't even bother to see to know who it was.

"Go away," I groaned.

"Was it really that bad," Frank asked, plopping himself on the bed beside me.

I rolled over, so that my back was facing him.

"Common," he asked, placing his hand of my shoulder.

"I'm tired, leave me alone," I whined, burying my head under blankets.

He threw the blankets back down and looked at me with a smile, holding a hint of seriousness. "Common Sienna, you're always tired. Just talk to me."

"I don't know," I started. "Just... it wouldn't have been so bad if she wasn't so inconciderate of me about it."

"Well, you know, you're 17, you really don't need to take her shit. You know.... seperations are awkward- I know that now... and they tend to make you a little less dependable- more mature. You, you're mature... You're ready to take life on and you really don't need anyone's help. You've got other people who are willing to help you out and look out for your well-being."

For the first time that day, I smiled, and watched him smile back before he kissed my cheek.

"You want to order some chinese," I asked changing the subject, craving it suddenly.

"Uh, sure."

"If I order can you go pick it up?"

"Yea."

I picked up my phone from my bedside and dialed the chinese restaurant downtown. I ordered our meal and they told me it would be forty-five minutes before it would be ready.

In that time limit- I had developed the craving for dill pickles, orange sherbert ice cream, and twix. So Frank ended up leaving with a list in his hand, and 5 twenty dollar bills in the other, I had taken from my mother's side dresser, under her jewelery box.