My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 117

It wasn't until after noon that I got the phonecall that would lead to a spiral of events that would permanently change my relationships, and my life.

It was one-thirty by the time I had gotten out of bed and cleaned myself up. I was sitting downstairs quietly with Frank, eating a bowl of oatmeal, when the afternoon heat hit it's ultimate warmth as it hit the highest point in the sky.

The ringers sounded loudly, echoing through all five phones in my house. I figured it would have been my mom and took my time to get up and answer it, calmly. However, the result I got was anything but calm.

"Heather... baby! Room 364! Quick!"

"What? Mikey... hello?" There was no answer- he had already hung up. I put the phone down and took the time necessary to digest the information I had just aquired.

"Who was it," Fran kasked from the table, with a mouthful of food.

My eyes went wide. "I think Heahter's having the baby! Oh god- we gotta go, we gotta go. Where's my key's? Where's my keys," I yelled anxiously, racing around the house to find my keys before I stopped in my tracks and realized something. It was too early for her to have a healthy child. Her baby wasn't due for another two or three months@ Something was wrong.... something had to be wrong.

"Frank, hurry up," I shouted, running out the front door and sliding into the driver's seat. Frank plopped lazily int othe passenger seat casually. He didn't say a word- until we were almost halfway across town.

"Slow down- you're driving too fast! We're gonna get a ticket!"

I hated to face it, because there were other problems, but he was right. So I slowed down a bit, still going slightly over the speedlimit, cursing at anyone going slower than me. I pulled a sharp turn into the visitor's parkinglot and screaching into the frist spot I found.

"Sienna- settle down, everything is going to be fine," Frank called smoothly as he doddled behind my running pace, as I harzardously dodged cars to get inside, which, once I had done, ran around like a chicken with it's head cut off because I couldn't remember the room number. I ignored the cramp I had developed as I ran to the room I had finally found- just in time.