My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 118

"Heather," I called in a sigh, running to the bed side and embracing her tightly in a hug. I noticed her tear-stained face.

"Anna- oh, thank God you came... Jesus christ- it hurts so much," she cried, tightening her grip on my arm.

A nurse entered the room and went amoung her buissness before announcing, "It's time," before they left to find a doctor.

"It's alright- you'll do just fine," I said comfortably, trying to make a smile come across her face.

"Oh God!"

I looked and almost felt like laughing when I saw Mikey's expression. He looked almost as if he were in as much pain as her, with a pale curtain of worry drapped across his face.

"You can't all be in here," the doctor complained as she walked in, pulling on a pair of latex golves.

"Common Frank," I breathed heavily, in a sigh as I left the room, grasping his arm nervously.

***

I paced uneasily back and forth as Frank stood and watched me. He seemed deep in though, with his arms crossed. Then I heard the blood-curdling scream and immediately sat down, coverring my ears, trying not to think of the pain Heather must have been in, but my own world instead.

But a stampede of nurses took me out of that world as they all hurried past me and into the room. I took my hands off my ears and listened for sounds that would explain what was going on. That was... until the cry. And it didn't sound like the sound of a baby cry.

I looked at Frank worriedly and my heart didn't feel like it was beating a hundred miled per hour anymore... in fact, it didn't feel like it was beating at all. The look on Frank's face scared me- because it didn't show any familiar courage... it showed that he too was worried. Through my eyes, it meant something had to be wrong.