My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 119

It was silent and I got excited when the door slowly clicked open. But I didn't get the response I had wanted. The world seemed to be in slow motion when Mikey stumbled out in a drunken fashion, staring down at the blood on his hands. Blood that not only coverred his hands, but the entire front of his shirt.

I didn't need to hear what came next.

"Heather," he stumbled. "She... s-she... she's... dead."

"Oh God," I cried, falling into my hands and sobbing uncontrollably.

Frank cursed loudly and hit something hard before I heard him sit next to me.

I knew Mikey was extremely brave for saying what he did, but he wasn't done and he hadn't told the whole story yet. He continued, "The baby's two and a half months premature- the doctors said there's a chance that it could die too."

"No," I whined. "This can't be happening! This is all a dream- a terrible nightmare!"

Frank was trying to be the brave one. He always was. "Anna... stop."

I looked up and glared at Frank in the most horrid way. His eyes were also red and puffy from tears that he was holding back. He knew I wasn't making things any better... I knew I wasn't making things any better...

I looked around through tear-blurred vision, observing my surroundings. "Where'd Mikey go," I asked limply.

"In the room," Frank replied hoarsly, wiping his face with his hands.

"Go make sure he's okay," I commanded.

"But what about you?"

"Just go."

"What about you- are you going to be alright," he asked sencerely.

I nodded, wiping away my tears and trying to get myspelf together.

"Alright," he sighed, placing his hand on my shoulder and kissing my forehead before he stood up and walked around in a small circle before he disapeared into the room.