My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 12

I woke up in early morning to hear the annoying sound of birds chirping outside the window. I sat up, scratched my head and yawned, a thing I've done doing every morning when I woke up for the last couple years. I snuck across the room and opened the door, as it creaked quietly and I slipped down the stairs. Since it was mid-May, the sun was shinning brightly (too brightly) already and the air was hot and sticky. School was over in a month, I couldn't wait. Yes, it's Saturday!

I tip-toed though the kitchen and into the living room, with and apple clutched in my hand. I stopped when I saw Bob stir in his sleep and Ray mumbled something quietly. Then, I was taken by surprise for a second at the sudden movement coming from the other end of the room, where I looked to see Mikey sit up and rub his eyes, put his glasses on and see me. "Hey Frank, what's up?" He stood up and Gerard (his brother), yawned loudly, and then fell back asleep.

"Nothing', going to eat, then I'm thinking of going swimming, want to come?"

He shook his head. "No, I can't... remember, I got to go to work." I sighed, dropped my shoulders and rolled my eyes.

"Common, you still working there? Why don't you call in sick for once? Common... it'll be fun!” I tempted... only to see him shake his head once more.

"Frank... ya know, if you got a job, you'd be able to pay for your own stuff... instead of bumming money off your parents or us."

I rolled my eyes and stated, "Mikey, Mikey, Mikey... live while you're young... life passes you by and you get old. You want to get old too fast?"

"If it states me more mature than you. Go get a job!"

"No," I argued.

"Fine... you win." He picked up the phone and dialed his bosses number. I crossed my arms smugly and smirked until after he hung up and stated, "Good, now that I have the rest of the day off, we're going to go get you a job, where you will work for money."

My mouth dropped. "But... but... I don't want a job.” I whined.

"Too late, besides, if you don't, you won't be able to afford dates with..." He fired a quick glance towards the staircase and I knew what he was talking about. I felt my face start to burn slightly.

"Shut up!” I yelled annoyed, smacking him across the back of the head at the same time Heather walked down the stairs.

"Don't abuse my boyfriend," she scolded, and kissed the back of his head better. Ergh...

"Want me to drive you to work today," she asked Mikey, cheerfully while munching on her cheerios.

"Nope, I'm not going."

She looked up at him, and then one of her eyebrows shot up. "Why?"

He swallowed his toast. "Cause... I'm going to help Frankie get a job."

She scrunched up her face, and then eyed me down with a burning glare. "Good." I was starting to get the impresionreally didn't think she liked me that much. Was I that annoying?

After a few minutes, she instructed, "Frank, go wake up Anna, she's still sleeping." Then I watched her march into the living room, and Bob come in and poor himself a coffee. I hopped of the tall stool and headed for the stairs.