My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 129

I waited for ten minutes to see if Sienna would call back, expecting that her phone had died out or something, and she really hadn't hung up on me. But she never did call back. So eventually, I picked up the phone and called her.

"Hello," she answered.

"Hey," I answered back, trying to seem causal.

"Oh. Hi..."

"What's up," I asked.

"Nothing.... Frank, I gotta go..."

I cut her off. "Do you want to come over for supper? My mom's making lasagna."

"I can't," she said all too quickly.

"Why not?"

"Just because, I can't!" And then the line went dead- She had hung up on me again. I sighed and put the phone back on the counter.

***One Week Later

It was early Saturday morning, and I stormed into the Way's house uninvited and barged into Gerard's room. I felt like plugging my nose from the stench as I cautiously made my way across the room and poked him. "Hey man... wake up. Common."

He grumbled quietly into his pillow as I had found him, face down in a mess of dirty clothes and sheets.

"Common- you stink," I stated, kicking the matress.

He grumbled again, this time his arm, flying out to wave away his uninvited guest.

I kicked an empty pill bottle of anti-depressants across the carpet. "Holy- how many drugs have you been doing?"

Another groan, that I could make out as 'go away'.

"Common! I gotta talk to you!"

I got himself up in a fit, cursing the whole way before he finally managed to sit cross-legged on his bed and glare up at me in the evilest of ways. I know Gerard wishes he were some sort of creature of the undead- but he's not. He doesn't need to look at me that way. "What. Do. You. Want," he huffed.

"Have you talked to Sienna lately," I asked.

"I don't know! Why? Havn't you?"

"No. She's... avoiding me. I don't know what I did to piss her off."

"Well think," Gerard said, collapsing into his pillow.

"I'm serious!"

"I dunno man... why don't you go talk to her?"

"I can't... Everytime I try, she either hangs up on me, or ignores me, or walks away!"

He kind of snorted in a laugh. "Wow- unhealthy relationship..."

I glared back at him- he was being a piss-head.

"I'M KIDDING. Why don't you just lock her up in a room, or corner her somewhere and be like, 'Okay- what's going on'."

"I don't know... wouldn't thta be like... harrassment?"

"Why would she concider it harrassment- you are her boyfriend, aren't you," Gerard stated, cocking his eyebrow.

"I thought I was... but I don't know what's going on. What if she doesn't like me anymore?"

"Quit being a pessimist and go see her," Gerard said simply before shooing me away.